Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. U

What have you been riding lately?

This morning I dug out my Specialized Roll, aired the tires up and took her for a cruise . Such a smooth riding bike .
  2. U

What have you been riding lately?

Rode my Rockhopper today that I converted to a 1X8 yesterday. The last new bike I’ve bought . When I picked it up , the bike shop guy told me if I raised the bars , I would mess up the geometry of the bike and it wouldn’t be ridable . Hahaha, showed him .
  3. U

Mountain bikes

Love those old rigid MTB’s
  4. U

Mountain bikes

I took the “Vega” out for a spin this morning. Rode into town knowing I had two nice hills to get out of the neighborhood. The first one is lengthy with a good rise on top . I ended up in low gear , spinning up the hill at around 5.5mph . Nice ! Then it’s a right turn into the second hill...
  5. U

Mountain bikes

Originally I built this one as a single speed . I think it’s an old Univega frame I painted years ago . IIRC Had some wind the other day and between the wind , hills , and my age , I decided to build it into a hill climber . 1X8 with a 30 tooth chainring and a 11-34 cassette. Any hills I can’t...
  6. U

Blue bikes.

Updated pic , new tires , new chain , no tensioner.
  7. U

black bikes?

Updated pic . New rear wheel and tire . Went with SS coaster brake with matching tire that was delivered this morning. New black bottle cages . I’m liking riding this bike :)
  8. U

black bikes?

I like your tag line . It fits me to a T . ”I love old bikes, mostly klunkers, beach cruiser and old MTB stuff. My happy place is tinkering on bikes in my garage, listening to some island music and chillin out.”
  9. U

black bikes?

A couple of my black bikes . As usual, always a work in progress. My bikes are never finished . One with BMX bars has a two speed KT kickback hub I’m trying to get use to . Matching tire is on the way .
  10. U

schwinn heavy duti custom or stock

1969 Schwinn Heavy Duti purcased over ten years ago from the original owner.
  11. U

Brown bikes anyone!?

Matt Bark Electra Cruiser 1 .
  12. U

Blue bikes.

Not really . I’ve taken it off and changed my gears around to where I can get by without a tensioner.
  13. U

Schwinn Cross bikes ,The original Hybrid

Update on my Schwinn Cross bikes . They’re both single speeds now .
  14. U

Blue bikes.

My blue Specialized Hardrock SS conversion.
  15. U

Electra Bicycle Pics

My black Electra as of today . I enjoy changing it‘s looks occasionally.
  16. U

Electra Bicycle Pics

Did some part swapping today on my Electra C’s . put my bullhorn handlebars back on ( they’re comfortable, and just said cruiser IMO ) put my SS red wheelset back on my Matt Bark C1 . Then took turns cruising them around the neighborhood.
  17. U

I like the 1X8 gearing on my Crosscut so much , today I did the transformation on my Schwinn CrissCross . The CrossCut has a 34 tooth oval Narrow wide chainring with 11-30 cassette, the Crisscross got a 34 tooth oval narrow wide chainring , but with a 11-34 cassette, making the granny gear...
  18. U

I don’t see the need in having 21 or 24 speeds when I only use 5 or 6. It’s simplifying without going single speed . I love single speeds coaster brakes , but some of my riding ( and my old knees) need a little help .
  19. U

Upgraded my Crosscut today . Ever since I bought it ,over ten years ago , I’ve been trying to move the old beat up cage pedals from the cranks . I’ve ruined more wrenched trying to get them off and neither side has moved a micro . So I got to thinking , why not change out the cranks ? Then I can...
  20. U

The early 90’s Cross bikes I believe were built in Japan and are awesome bikes .
Back