Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. MeanOldManMike

"building" a loser

As much as I love older bikes that Walmart Cranbrook is much lighter and more fun to ride than that heavy Schwinn. Schwinns were built to last and they do. There are a lot of both of them around. My Cranbrooks have Schwinn hubs on them for their bearings. Build what ever you want to on your...
  2. MeanOldManMike

bike flip

There is some sort of oil in the Rustoleum that keeps other types of paint from sticking and prevents rust. I saw a dune buggy tube frame primed with rustoleum that had to have it all sanded off and reprimed to get the paint he bought to stick.
  3. MeanOldManMike

1961 columbia firebolt

My boss has 2 of these bikes out in his barn. One with a tank and one without. I keep telling him he needs to move them into the other building with the nicer bikes but he doesn't think so. To new he says.
  4. MeanOldManMike

Build off Bike Named El Boogie

That bike looks good already.
  5. MeanOldManMike

Diamondback Della Cruz

I like the build so far and it doesn't have to be vintage. Keep doing what you are doing.
  6. MeanOldManMike

The Raleigh Retro Direct

I built one but couldn't stop the chain from rubbing the stay somewhere no matter which way I ran the chain. I works the leg muscles differently when you peddle backwards. Very good looking bike. I like the adjustment bracket for the idler gear.
  7. MeanOldManMike

My W.I.P. "Batchetman Beach cruiser"

Love that crazy chain drive train. Nice work.
  8. MeanOldManMike

Unfair Marriage

I am waiting to see which way you go with these frames. I love to see the creativity of others here.
  9. MeanOldManMike

klunker/chopper mashup

I like the changes. Has an early 60's style chopper feel to it. I would lose the front fender.
  10. MeanOldManMike

Masor's Customs

I have to try a couple of times too to get pics up too. I get one of my kids to help me.
  11. MeanOldManMike

Finally done Huffy cranbrook build

Nice job. I love these bikes. They are light weight with classic lines. I have 2. One a cruiser with a homemade springer and one a 5 speed Klunker. Fun to build, fun and fast to ride.
  12. MeanOldManMike

Quick Cheap Rats

I like those bars. Just enough rise to still look like they might have been stock but not sure of it. You must approve of her boyfriend.
  13. MeanOldManMike

15 dollar special

Nice buy dude! You can't go wrong for that price.
  14. MeanOldManMike

Introducing The Dirty Jersey

Nice piece to start with. Now where are you going to take it???
  15. MeanOldManMike

Evolution of a Cruiser, here I go again.

Wondering how you turned the brown seat to black. Love the Nashbar bike seats. Wish they still had them. Comfort and looks both. Being an old man I have to say that the 5 speed klunker is my choice. Single speeds have clean lines but my old knees need the lower gears from time to time. All the...
  16. MeanOldManMike

HAWTHORNE

Looked good before you started. Looks great with the changes.
  17. MeanOldManMike

Custom build 57 chevy lowrider bicycle

Way cool. Are you going to use the gas fill flap for a door to a storage area or tool box?
  18. MeanOldManMike

Quick built Rat

Very cool. Very cool. Nice bike nice build.
  19. MeanOldManMike

Looking for ideas

The diamond frames are a bit more harder to work with for a cruiser look but there are some different options out there for them. Maybe you will come up with a great look for one. I'll be watching.
  20. MeanOldManMike

Newschool to Straightbar Conversion,...

That frame looks so much better with that bar added to it. Who knew. Nice job on the bike and seeing what a little extra metal could do.
Back