Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. char

★ The Silver Straight Bar Special ★

Hey everyone, thank you so much for the support and great comments over the last few weeks. This has been a really fun and challenging build! My first ever bare metal bike! :) ★ The Silver Straight Bar Special ★ ★ VIDEO ★ ★ BUILD THREAD ★...
  2. char

The Silver Straight Bar Special - FINISHED!! PICTURES AND VIDEO!!

Hi everyone, well here goes! I have been collecting little parts over the last couple of months and lots of ideas running through my head. In past builds I have always spent a lot of time on the paint, but this year i'm going all bare metal! I have always wanted to do a bare metal bike and what...
  3. char

The Fairbank Flyer

Here is my entry. My board track bike ' The Fairbank Flyer '. I had such a great time building it for the build off this summer. :)
  4. char

====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~==== (More pics and Velodrome Video)

The Fairbank Flyer is done! I have been out a few times now and boy is it fun to ride! :mrgreen: Here are my finished pictures. Not forgetting the Engine sound! :mrgreen: CLICK THE PICTURE BELOW FOR A VIDEO TURN UP YOUR SOUND! Here is...
  5. char

Schwinn Straight Bar Frame I.D please?

Hi, I have a Schwinn Straight Bar Frame that I would like to know the correct year of.If anyone can help with the I.D of what year it is that would be great. The Number is ( N30703 ) and is stamped into the left rear drop out Any help would be very much appreciated.
  6. char

====~THE FAIRBANK FLYER~==== * Now With *New* Engine Sound *

Hey everyone! i've been waiting for the first day of the build off to come along and gathering parts for my build for months.I have had quite a few ideas, but have settled on a board track style bicycle.I have have cool colour scheme based on a board track motorcycle from 1913-1914, but using...
  7. char

Schwinn Truss Rod length help needed

Hi everyone, got some truss rods for my 26'' schwinn balloon tire about a year back and bought them being told they were 26'', they are to short, so I'm guessing they are 24'' ? I was wonderging if anyone could tell me what size they are by the photos ( 20's 24 or 26 )I will have to sell these...
  8. char

' THE GRADY ROCKET ' Board Track Style Bicycle

Hi everyone! here is my finished bike for the build off. Here's the link to the build viewtopic.php?f=50&t=28220 Great fun building this bike! Thankyou for all the great comments! Charlie :D
  9. char

Vintage Aircraft Nose Art book

hey everyone I just picked up a great book on amazon and want to let others know incase you havent seen it,it's called Vintage Aircraft Nose Art (Motorbooks Classic) if you like nose art check this book out ,loads of cool old pics . :D
  10. char

Board Track Style Bicycle From England ( GRADY ROCKET )

Hi everone, well after near on finishing my Schwinn Wasp, which some of you might have seen in my intro thread, I decided I wanted to build a board track style bicycle.I started collecting bits for the build at the begining of the year and putting some ideas together of what I wanted the bike...
  11. char

Fat Franks logo removal

Hi everyone, got some cream Fat Franks, that I think would look nicer if the logos were removed from the side walls.Whats the safest way to remove them, without damaging the tyre.Any tips? Cheers Charlie
  12. char

Cream Brick Tyres, Where Can I Buy Them

Hi everyone, I looking to get some cream brick style tyres for my board track project bike.26'' 2.1.Does anyone know where I can get some.What styles and makes are out there? Charlie :D
  13. char

Hello from England

Just a little intro and a hi from England.My name is Charlie,I live in London.I have always had a love of old bicycles, cars and motorcycles.Just recently I purchased a 26'' balloon tire 1956 Schwinn Wasp bicycle from Wisconsin and had the bike shipped to me.I managed to take a picture about a...
  14. char

Help with repainting my Schwinn cantilever tank

Hi everyone, I am currently repainting my Schwinn cantilever tank and need help.Could anyone post up a picture of the top view of a tank either on the bicycle or off.Im having trouble getting it right and can't find any clear pics of an over head shot of a schwinn tank.All I can find are side...
  15. char

Help with my Truss Rods

Hi guys ! I have a 1956 Balloon Schwinn Wasp, which I was hoping to put some truss rods on.I went to put them on and the fender appears to be too wide and is stopping it from fitting.The fender doesn't have an indentation for the truss rods.They are 26'' as they do reach and fit perfect without...
  16. char

Help Finding Tires?

Hi everyone, first post on the board.I am looking to buy two Hanks B 26 x 2.2 Dual Compound Bontrager Tires.Anyone know of any websites where I can get them. Thanks Charlie :D
Back