Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. El Duderino

The Tussey Truss.

Enjoy my garage mess. Im getting overwhelmed with projects. Ti bottom bracket in and cranks on. And even though the original headset was sealed I happened upon this Tange one that is a bit smaller and the cups are squarer. I think it will play the part much better.
  2. El Duderino

Vintage bikes in the Philippines

woah. win!
  3. El Duderino

1937 Rollfast Motobike (unnamed project)

wow that badge really came back
  4. El Duderino

Elgin Offroad: Klunked Out BMX Hybrid

Heres 2 bikes ive built in that realm. traditional geared with canti brakes and internally geared with drum hubs. still never built a single speed version
  5. El Duderino

The Tussey Truss.

Since the bike will be a daily and get beaten up I am laying the paint on thick. And lots of clear coat. I was originally thinking black wheels but as i was grabbing all polished parts I think the completely silver wheels will look good. You've got to love the Shimano 600 cranks with the...
  6. El Duderino

Elgin Offroad: Klunked Out BMX Hybrid

traditional geared, single speed, or internally geared hub?
  7. El Duderino

The Tussey Truss.

So i tried the vinegar bath and it did help a bit. I can see how a lighter rust it will pull off easily. I let both ends sit in it for about half a day. After the vinegar, some sanding, and a wire wheel this is where were at. Still more to go but its come one heck of a long way. I also got...
  8. El Duderino

Kentucky jewel of the day

yeah kentucky kicked ... for finding bikes. PA has been good for finding very collectable bmx stuff though. and i got that silver king hex tube so its growing on me
  9. El Duderino

The Tussey Truss.

I have seen his stuff. Im glad people are embracing the retro frame but i feel he missed the mark because most original truss frames had an asymmetrical middle tube and always had some sort of bridge to the top tube. All the builds he does on his truss bikes remind me of english townie bikes...
  10. El Duderino

26" Littlejohn Fireroad Cruiser

well done. thats a good looking bike. the 26rs are always that much cooler
  11. El Duderino

For the road bike guys...

get ta peddlin'
  12. El Duderino

Kentucky jewel of the day

That MCS was the first thing I saw. Id love to see a closer picture of it. I also miss being in KY. There are gems everywhere
  13. El Duderino

The Tussey Truss.

Cool thanks for the tip Walker
  14. El Duderino

The Tussey Truss.

Yesterday I was busy sanding and cutting things off the frame I dont need including the derailleur hanger, cable guides, and the left shifter boss. And this paint is a pain to get off. I dont want any red to show if my paint scratches and I dont want to pay anyone to sandblast it. im in a...
  15. El Duderino

The Tussey Truss.

I think one of the reasons Ive been so absent from the forum is that I love to ride the bikes I build and unfortunately most of these cruisers are too uncomfortable for me to enjoy. Im changing that with this build though. Ive had this late 80s Schwinn Le Tour frame since about 2008 or 2009...
  16. El Duderino

Derby 1939

wow. Ive never had the patience to re do a bike this nice.
  17. El Duderino

bmx tandem, Hex silver king, and more...

Ive been pretty vacant from the forum lately so im going to attempt to change that. heres a few of the gems ive acquired in the past few months. Hawthorne Moto bike. I had my dad pick up a haul for me in Muncie IN which included about 10 bikes and this was the one I really wanted from the pile...
  18. El Duderino

It has no name yet

and of course since its a Louisville ky hardware company bike i went with the Wald dog leg crank, made in Maysville, ky
  19. El Duderino

It has no name yet

so ive been mega slacking. im trying to pull up the pieces the last couple days. I got the steerer replaced on the springer due to bubbling and now im trying to get her to match and not have a thousand scratches. shes been sanded and being primed I also decided to go with the blackout...
  20. El Duderino

Elgin lightweight

for sure during the war. i have a huffman girls lightweight from that era. i dont know much info on it either other than the parts were painted at that time instead of nickle plating.
Back