Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. E

Post war Schwinn DX

Love it. Have you sold it?
  2. E

'53 DX Spitfire

I like your '53 too. I happen to have the complete set of those cereal box license plates--my grandfather collected them all & carefully mounted them on masonite. I don't have the heart to separate them however.
  3. E

Peaked fenders

Well, for starters who used peaked fenders, like what is the most common thing it could be?
  4. E

Peaked fenders

I'd like to know what these are before I attempt to unload them. Sorry about the pic quality.
  5. E

'53 DX Spitfire

Fix'd
  6. E

'53 DX Spitfire

BTW, this is the kickstand that came with it, seems a little short. Is it original? Miller with a patent #
  7. E

'53 DX Spitfire

Thanks. I forgot to mention that the chainguard is original;) I would have kept the fork, but I didn't want to cut it to hold modern axles. It rides as good as it looks, so I'm happy.
  8. E

'53 DX Spitfire

Picked this up a couple of weeks ago from CL after foolishly passing it up at the A2-Saline show a week earlier.Listed as a '61 straight bar it's a DX frame set with a Spitfire badge and nice original paint. Previous owner nabbed the skiptooth crankset & nothing else. With a production date of...
  9. E

Detroit area club

There's some cool spots in the city of Detroit I plan to ride someday--Riverwalk, the newish path along the river downtown (there's even a bike shop there with rentals), the Dequindre Cut was an abandoned sunken rail line that was a favored spot for graffiti artists, it's now a trail, but the...
  10. E

Detroit area club

I live in Ann Arbor but I work in Macomb Cty. I'm into joining a group ride sometime. Hines Drive on the west side (runs from Dearborn to Northville) is another great place to ride. Once a week I think it's closed to cars & the whole road is open to bikes. I was planning to bike to Billetproof...
  11. E

schwinn straight bar gallery

I think it's a '46--serial # is i74677. Post-war, pre-fire. I rode it just like this for years until I took it apart a couple of weeks ago. Switched between it & a single speed Collegiate for the last 4 years. Great looking bikes in this thread--I am humbled.
  12. E

Coaster Brake Challenge #3

That's the coolest substitute for a headbadge ever!
  13. E

LAZY CRAIGSLIST ADS

OMG, that is hilarious...if that's not a joke, someone needs serious help...
  14. E

there goes the neighbourhood ordinary ratrod!

Great concept & name...never seen a penny farthing kustomed beyond maybe a bright paint job for a clown...hard to come up with something truly different anymore, but you're well on your way... IMO, you gotta do something with all those spokes-paint them gold or red maybe? Some pinstriping could...
  15. E

Hiawatha

Ooops or Goof Off cleaner, (or anything else that's a blend of xylene & tolune) will usually do the trick, depending on what shape the og surface is. Also works great for getting paint off of chrome. Never hurts to try & rescue the og paint if you're patient enough.
  16. E

BF Goodrich Whizzer?

Where's the license from? (on the seat tube). Looks like a Whizzer to me, though I'm no expert. Certainly a great deal at $50!
  17. E

How do i get white grips clean?

I should also mention that Fast Orange is also great for cleaning the hardened crust of grease that's sometimes on old bearing races. And it saves you the trouble of removing the bearing cups to soak them. I've found nothing better to get grease off of my skin, so it only makes sense...
  18. E

Schwinn Panther find 2-spd

To think, I found his stolen bike & he didn't even offer the Panther to me as a reward...what's wrong with kids today? :wink:
  19. E

Schwinn Panther find 2-spd

That is sweet. Nice color (IMO, anyway) a half tank and a kickback. Nice score indeed! There's a kid on here, Rickster, that has that same bike & I covet it.
  20. E

Columbia Superb Barn Find

Aren't they all worth more in pieces? I guess that means I can say that your wife has a nice rack! :lol: Sorry, I know it's a bad joke, but I couldn't resist...
Back