Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. RZ94

$20 thrift store find

Bone stock...1982 Huffy Good Vibrations, built in the good old USA. Replaced rotted tires and that nasty black foam grip. Cleaned and lubed everything. Another nice rider.
  2. RZ94

"1937" Columbia

There is some major hate out there for this bike. Yes, it's made in China, I don't like that any more than any one else, but I think after a few mods, I can forgive it's birthplace. It rides great, I can't believe how many people stopped me to ask about it or just admire it. New wheels, tires...
  3. RZ94

South FLA, daylight saving time, awesome.

Gotta love the time change, and the weather in sunny FLA. What a pleasure to get home from work and ride.
  4. RZ94

Updated my Rail

Early 1967 Rail. I wanted to be able to comfortably ride it being as I'm a bit taller than when I was 12. Added new apes, new sissy bar, new seat. Collectors, don't panic. All the OG parts are safely put away.
  5. RZ94

Otasco Flying O Lancer

Saw this Murray built beauty for sale a few months ago, a version of the Spaceliner I'd never seen. Here's how I got it. and after a bit of tweaking...relaced the wheels with stainless steel spokes, a SA 3 speed hub, Quick Brick whites, red chain, new bars and grips, and left the rear rack...
  6. RZ94

1967 Huffy Rail

I had to make it so I could ride my Rail again without hunching over so. BIGGER APES!
  7. RZ94

Remember when you ride Monday

Memorial Day......remember those who served, those who are serving, those who made the ultimate sacrifice.....that we may have the freedom to be Rat Rodders.... God bless them all, and God bless America.
  8. RZ94

Old Steel Murray

yes purists, laugh...but this old steel frame now has over 4000 miles on it. Bought brand new in 1971 and has never complained in all its years of service. Its heavy, I don't race it. I just ride and ride and ride.....has a much more appropriate seat installed since this picture was taken.
  9. RZ94

Lotus Legend

Saved from the neighbor's trash heap....early 80's Lotus Legend. Very BIG frame but so is the new owner. Very light, very fast. Restored for my nephew who graduates with honors from The Citadel today!!
  10. RZ94

BMW Q6.s

Had this one since 2002 when I worked for BMW.... 27 speed XTR drivetrain, Magura Louise hydraulic disc brakes, BMW 'Telelever" motorcycle front suspension, and a folder at that. Folded it once, just to see, and my curiousity was satisfied.
  11. RZ94

FBM FORUM TROUBLE?

is it me, or is anyone else having an issue getting into the Freak Bike militia forum? I've gotten emails lately from them, but can't get in past the log in page. last email was about an issue with ChoppersUS.....
  12. RZ94

A BIG THANK YOU

First, a big THANK YOU to any and all who have, does, and will pray for our troops. A BIG THANK YOU to all who have served, all who are serving, all who will consider serving our country and defending our freedoms. And another BIG THANK YOU for all who have prayed for my son's safe return from...
  13. RZ94

Afternoon ride

I live in Palm Harbor , FL very close to the Pinellas Trail, a former train track corridor for the most part. Today I decided to explore the newer north end of the trail.... Looking west over the bayou in Tarpon Springs Looking east over the same bayou Looking south, US 19 northbound is...
  14. RZ94

1966 Columbia Thunderbolt

This bike came to me a few years ago and had been relegated to the back of the bike barn.....kinda forgotten. Well, had some time on my hands and decided to see how it would clean up, and do it without any cash investment, or as little as possible. I did spend about $1.50 on replacing some...
  15. RZ94

Lotus Legend

This bike was discarded by a neighbor who had purchased it brand new while stationed in Japan in the early '80's when he was in the Air Force. It had been so neglected the drop bars literally broke in two while I was trying to remove them. The chain was solidified, the freewheel was no longer...
  16. RZ94

Thank you Rat Rod!

Rat Rod, Thank you for suggestion of matching grips to my new saddle & bag. They look EXCELLENT! (IMHO of course) Sorry for the "spotty " pics....we've had a cold drizzle most of the day here in sunny FLA.
  17. RZ94

Opinions please.....

Recent build....am I ever really done? viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23457 Without chainguard??? or.................................. With chainguard?????? I always feel like I left something off. Thank you for your support!
  18. RZ94

Monark El Camino---finished 01/29

A mid 60's Monark El Camino, made by Huffy according to the serial number.....and another tanker. Here we go....... pics from the CL ad....a bit rusty, the typical grease & grime but great for preserving things! strippin' 'em down... after clean up & polish...and mocking up with the new...
  19. RZ94

Start to never finished...

When he first came home, got new tires, bars, grips: Then we got new wheels and chainring: Then our first new seat: Then we got another new seat and a chrome springer fork: And now we have some black ape hangers: Thinking about a set of all white tires (already have 'em) just to change...
  20. RZ94

Wild new forks!!!

I couldn't resist.....I guess necessity is truly the mother of invention.
Back