Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. rickpaulos

Olive green 10 speed. Please help!

26 x 1 3/8 was a common size on some of the department store 10 speed bikes in the early 1970s.
  2. rickpaulos

Ridin the Green

Local St Paddys parade FLAME ON! This left the parade announcer speechless.
  3. rickpaulos

Broken seat tube weld on Electra

Weldable by someone who has experience welding aluminum. it's not nearly as easy as welding steel. It's hard to get decent penetration with aluminum so it's unlikely the new weld will intrude into the seat post space. If it does, it's easy enough to file out with a rat tail file. It is...
  4. rickpaulos

Schwinn Heavy Duti with mods

EQ (1979) Schwinn Heavy Duti. The Heavy Duti was essentially a Typhoon with Schwinn Twinn (tandem) wheels that had thicker spokes and larger spoke holes to match. These wheels are alloy. QR front, Shimano coaster rear. Schwinn mtb front fork. mtb stem bmx bars. It had a bmx off set spider...
  5. rickpaulos

ORBO A noMad

More photos at flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/rickpaulos/albums/72177720314140736/
  6. rickpaulos

Does anyone have any info on this Firestone 500?

Looks like a Columbia build. The wishbone seat & chain stays are common to that maker. Looks to be in great shape. Surely sold at Firestone tire dealers. Similar to BF Goodrich and Goodyear bikes. Western Flyer at Western Auto stores, True Point at TrueValue hardware stores and so on.
  7. rickpaulos

How do I clean/restore white hand grips.

Orange based hand cleaner and your hands works pretty good. I use Fast Orange for hands and grips and any number of bike parts.
  8. rickpaulos

Slow boat from China. Or is that Malabo Equatorial Guinea

August 1, 2023. I ordered some gold aluminum dice valve caps. Looked up my ebay history, the seller is in China. Oops. Over sight on my part. I usually don't order from there as it can take a month for stuff to arrive. If ever. March 14, 2024 (Pi Day!). One valve cap arrived! Holes in...
  9. rickpaulos

Schwinn Varsity Party Bike

The Varsity 8/10 speed was always the bottom of the line road bike offering from Schwinn. Rivaled a couple years by the Schwinn Runabout (10 speed version) and the Schwinn Caliente. I have a post Chicago factory Schwinn Varsity made by Murray. Yikes, it's got some amazingly bad construction...
  10. rickpaulos

ORBO A noMad

build and many more photos https://ratrodbikes.com/threads/a-nomad.119352/
  11. rickpaulos

ORBO A noMad

Scores of huge white pelicans resting on the Mississippi River on their way somewhere else. Muscatine Iowa newest tourist attraction new war memorial site in Davenport. Covering the Civil war to the Space Force. Centennial Bridge to Rock Island
  12. rickpaulos

ORBO A noMad

Nice day for a ride along the river.
  13. rickpaulos

Olive green 10 speed. Please help!

When I was a teen, the nearest big box store was GRANTS and they carried bikes. I had a Grants 3 speed bike in a plain dark green that got stolen in about 1985. I had it locked to the air conditioner unit at work so I always suspected some campus maintenance staffer cut it off the ac pipes...
  14. rickpaulos

Macro Monday! Show that zoomed-in detail shot on Monday

rims on the old kitchen floor.
  15. rickpaulos

Schwinn Rocket 37

Looks like Marshawn Lynch can draw a crowd and not in some night club.
  16. rickpaulos

Schwinn Rocket 37

Creative headlight mount. Owner says you have to remove the wheel to get access to the lower screws to steal it. But who needs brakes.
  17. rickpaulos

Schwinn Rocket 37

Team Marin. Looks like titanium but the owner says it's nickel plated with a clear coat. I told him to let me know when he is bored with it. Tange Ultimate Superlight steel tubing.
  18. rickpaulos

Schwinn Rocket 37

More observations at the local bike coop (hangout). SE Beast Mode Money Lynch Rapper or is that Ripper 26x3 cruiser. BLING! The teen age owner let me ride it. Nice ride but disc brake pads are screechy junk. Many extras like the gold bling, the seat and top tube pad.
Back