Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. tartosuc

my Gravity Bike finally done!!!

Thx for your explanantion Coming from the mtb world, i can't see myself rinding 9 mm axle or rim brakes anymore...the flex is just unbearable and the controle from a hydrolic disc brake is just so much better and controlld than any rim brakes i've used..might n ot be that bad on a 20" wheeled...
  2. tartosuc

my Gravity Bike finally done!!!

Hi Eddy, I admire your gravity bikes....i wish there was a scene for that type of bikes around here. Now, honnestly. Why use a old drappy noleen front shock?? Wth 9mm axle? It was honnestly the crapiest double crown fork i've ever ridden! The flex ging into corners is just very very bad due...
  3. tartosuc

1980s Nishiki Cascasde

actually u brakes were more toward 85 and 87. not all of frames had them. Most norco/nishiki i sold in the 80' did not. another way to figure it out is with colors and fork...86 and up almost all had unicrown fork and brighter colors.
  4. tartosuc

1980s Nishiki Cascasde

thats more early 80'S like 83 or 84... back then nishiki and norco were the same company and my '83 norco bigfoot had the exact same paint.
  5. tartosuc

1936-38 Elgin modification.

So you got a 1 1/8"fork in a 1" steetube?
  6. tartosuc

New klunker availale on the market.

http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com ... h_pQ%3D%3D Its from one of my favorite mountain bike company.
  7. tartosuc

••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••• " lotsO clear update pics "

Re: ••••••\Ya·Ku·Za/•••••• !Guinness World Record?! • Wow magura gustav on gigantic rotors...you sure wont be out of baking power!
  8. tartosuc

Half Fat

that will be a crazy fun bike!
  9. tartosuc

Surly bikes - WOW !!

send pics as soon as you can..i have an old steelhead frame in my shed...it suddenly makes it interresting!
  10. tartosuc

teardrop trailer

yep somekind of gasket on the sides. the front part has a wood plank that goes in when you lower the roof but it need some work to have a better seal when it open. one nice touch is at the back, there an arch window that open's up. we are testing the trailer this weekend in VT on a Mountain...
  11. tartosuc

teardrop trailer

hI, i just bought a old 50's teardrop trailer. its called a WAWA, was made in belgium. need some wwork but is functionnal as is. My wife and I fell in love with it the second we seen it.
  12. tartosuc

Mountain bikin

i've been riding MTB since 83 and had a lot of difefrent styled mtbs. 29er bikes is a different beast than 26'', it really depends on the trails you ride in your area. 29er dont work in my area and my style of riding.
  13. tartosuc

(HMS Bike) New name: Car Bait 2

Very cool bike! i like your version of the foot brake!
  14. tartosuc

NuVinci CVT in a Bakfiets

your braking problem come in big part from the lenght of your cable. you could try to route the cable along the top of the box instead of down and under it. with the disign of that bike, i dont thik disc brake would creat wipeouts, disc brakes nowadays are very controllable.
  15. tartosuc

cool stem

got across that stem on the web. i tough it might interest some people here. http://www.purelycustom.com/p-286-retro ... -stem.aspx
  16. tartosuc

Tear drop trailer build

install should be easy. one trick, the ends are made of plastic and are supposed to be attached to a ball head like a in a car trunk. I broke one during installation in my trailer. I found out that you can unscrew the ball head attachement from the cylinder... there's a 1/4-20 bolt under it...
  17. tartosuc

Tear drop trailer build

as weird as it might sound the pistons came from a local electronic store they are 90lbs each, 30'' long extended and 18" compressed. Gerry i would says they would work for your rear hatch...they are sold at acces electronique for 10$ each.
  18. tartosuc

Tear drop trailer build

Hi Gerry, so quick question.: you layed down newspaper with resin on it? no glassfiber? i decided to ditch the teardrop project due to lack of funds and the fact that we might get one for free next year. in the mean time i made myself a camping/bike hauling trailer. here's what i did so...
  19. tartosuc

Tear drop trailer build

cool project Gerry, i've been th9inkering about building one myself. If that ok with you i'd like to come over and see it soemtimes this summer?
  20. tartosuc

Dirt Rod,..

looks good, i've been thinkering on a project of that kind, your build gives me ideas
Back