Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Road Bike Tires and Wheels?

Thanks everyone. I found a chart in a repair manual that cleared it up for me. It says that the recommended tires for a 20mm rim are 19-32. So the 25 I need to put on should be perfect.
  2. M

Thanks, I checked that out before. Still wasn't sure because I don't know how they measure the wheels. I don't have them here to do it myself. Is a 700 x 20, 20mm from idside to inside, or is it the outside measurement? Thanks!
  3. M

I do not know much about the sizing for road bike tires and wheels. I have someone that needs new wheels for her road bike. It has 700 x 25 tires on it. Most of the wheels I found are 700 x 20. Will they work together? Thanks, Mike
  4. M

Shop Open, Not Done, But Open

Selling used bikes is a problem. Insurance companies don't want the liability. When I was first planning the shop, I was thinking about just used bikes. When I tried to get insurance, they said "No Way". I couldn't even get a policy if I wanted to do only repairs. If I sold new bikes and 25% or...
  5. M

Thanks everyone, glad you like it. It may never be done, but if I don't get some customers, I will be.
  6. M

Well I finally got the shop open. Still waiting for some cabinets and some other little things to finish. There is a lot of things I still need to stock, but I wanted to at least get the doors open and try to sell some stuff. I don't really have much for the rat rodders. My son has the BMX and...
  7. M

Fuji Bikes?

Everything showed up on Friday. They told me I would get them the day after I ordered them but I didn't count on it. I had to keep them boxed for now, getting ready to tile the shop floor. I did put one together, a BMX bike my son, the new salesman wanted. He loves it. My older son, the...
  8. M

Fuji Bikes?

Not much that anyone here would be interested in. These are all 2009 models. The new year starts next month so I had to pick from what they still had in stock. It was a great deal because they want to clear them out. At least I will have something in the shop for now. NEVADA 2.0 19 M/L ELECTRIC...
  9. M

Fuji Bikes?

I ordered my first shipment of Fuji and SE Bikes today. I decided to go with them because of the way they are willing to deal with me as a small shop. They do not require a huge commitment and the best thing is I only need to order 5 bikes at a time to get free shipping. Some others wanted at...
  10. M

spoke length question

I understand your question. On the last wheel I did, I ordered spokes that were too long. They might have been about 1/4" long like yours. I was using a 3-croos and so I tried a 4-cross and they worked fine. This was on a 24" wheel. The wheel size would make a slight difference too, smaller...
  11. M

Fuji Bikes?

Thanks for the link. I think you are right about the other bikes. When I talked to the salesman he mention one or two other brands. I couldn't remember what he said, but this sounds like one of them. That is perfect, I have 13 and 16 year old sons. Between them and all their friends, I think I...
  12. M

Fuji Bikes?

Thanks! So far it sounds decent enough. I guess I will see what the salesman has to say when he gets here. I talked to him on the phone today and he seamed nice. At least they are willing to come here and check out the place. Then we will see where it goes. The only other company that sent...
  13. M

Fuji Bikes?

What do you think about Fuji bikes? I am thinking about them for in my shop because they have a low minimum order to get started and don't seam to mind a smaller shop. I don't know anything about them. Thanks for your opinions!
  14. M

New custom cruiser "Ya Daddy!" Finished!

Re: New custom cruiser "Ya Daddy!" I like the front wheel the best. Do you need an invisible spoke tool to true that thing?
  15. M

Kickstand

http://kickstandmag.com/?p=222
  16. M

CL Scam?

I found this one in my spam folder. Hi there byron chang <[email protected] good day Ive seen your post on craigslist... Might thought ill drop you an email and help you.. Do you currently have work right now? cause I know its hard to got get a work this days but me and my brother are...
  17. M

CL Scam?

I have two bikes listed on CL right now. here is an email I got last night- "Am interested in your bike barorg james <[email protected]> Hello seller, How are you doing today? my name is John, my wife was surfing the internet and she saw new posted bike in were you posted it on...
  18. M

Huffy Pro Thunder - UPDATE - FINISHED - 7/2 new pics

Re: Huffy Pro Thunder - UPDATE - FINISHED 6/28 new pics Forgot about this one, not a Pro Thunder, and not original paint. This one is another Thunder, but pretty rough.
  19. M

Re: Huffy Pro Thunder - UPDATE - FINISHED 6/28 new pics It is hard to see, but I have this one stashed away too. Not as nice, just a plain one. I found it at the scrap yard.
  20. M

Re: Huffy Pro Thunder - UPDATE - FINISHED 6/28 new pics I am pretty sure the gusset is see through. I have this stored away for now and can't remeber much more about it. It had been sitting in my sisters basement for the last 20 years or so. She bought it for my neice at a yard sale and she...
Back