Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. hotfoot

195? Ladies Roadmaster

Those baby seats make great racks, strong enough that they won't collapse under a case too!
  2. hotfoot

Cool old military motorcycle?

I'd put money on it being a Ural. They made a ton of BMW military-ish "knock offs," and most had side cars.
  3. hotfoot

1953 Schwinn Black Phantom now with pics!

Just curious as to why you'd want to repaint that? It's got most of it's original paint left on in, and it's only original once. There's a ton of repainted Phantoms out there, why join them?
  4. hotfoot

Atom drum brake hubs

They do make Atom 36 spoke drum front drum hubs. I have one, and am I looking for a rear like yours!
  5. hotfoot

Thoughts / Opinions Appreciated on This Motorized Bike

$200 is a good starting place for that Whizzer. There are parts readily available, but they're not cheap. If it's a runner $200 would be a pretty good deal, though if it's not, it could be very expensive to repair. I'd drop the $200 on it in a heartbeat though.
  6. hotfoot

SHAFT DRIVEN BIKE

Just wondering how the kill any of your power. To me, a shaft drive seems superior, as it would eliminate most (if not all) slack out of your drivetrain.
  7. hotfoot

1935 AMERICAN FLYER "CAMELBACK"

^I agree. Your cleanup jobs are great, and I think this bike could use one of those. There will still be a great patina left, even after the paint is waxed. I completely dissasembled my '35 Schwinn, cleaned all the chrome and waxed all the paint, rebuilt wheels, cleaned spokes, etc, and it...
  8. hotfoot

MX

You mentioned a vacuum bag set up, so are you thinking about making new fenders and tank out of a composite like fiberglass or carbon? If so, it'd be pretty easy to do. You could use the old parts as tools for laying up new ones. If your interested I could give you some more info. Cool bike!
  9. hotfoot

2 Pre-War matching ELGINS

Wow, great score! Don't part those out!
  10. hotfoot

Bought a Industrial Trike Today

Those forks look to be of the same brand I bought off ebay for a Klunker I built (based off the slots in the back). I bent the crap out of them really quick, pretty cheap.
  11. hotfoot

HISTOP

Those hi-stops aren't any worse than some of the Bendix's I've come across. I ran a hi-stop in a deep v and it worked fine. I just periodically regreased it like I would any coaster hub.
  12. hotfoot

a Peerless :: my first build

Wow, both of those are great! Total classic style! (except I'd probably throw a different saddle on the Peerless) That Peerless looks great with those apes on it, and I usually hate apehangers! Plus the high riser stem works well with the other bike.
  13. hotfoot

Tada! more bikes.

Mini bike looks like a steal for $40!
  14. hotfoot

My 1896-1897 Fixie find!

Very nice!
  15. hotfoot

Who is in College?

I'm going to Western Washington University, getting a "double major" or sorts in Plastics Engineering and Vehicle Engineering. All of my classes are either math based, materials classes, or hands on in the shop. I really like what I'm doing, and will graduate in about two years.
  16. hotfoot

Let's go to the Drive-In

There's two of them within about two hours of my house. They're great, one even has three screens. Nothing beats a summer night at the drive in.
  17. hotfoot

AMERICAN PICKERS

Thanks for the letter about the show, I thought it must of been slightly scripted, but now that much! Oh well, at least it's good entertainment. Does anybody know if that is Mike's full time job? I can't see how they can pay for their warehouse, van, employee, and gas with the relatively...
  18. hotfoot

Carolina MotoBike.

Nice seat placement.
  19. hotfoot

A junkyard find

Oh it hurts me to now see Cannondale on that list.
  20. hotfoot

Carolina MotoBike.

Definately going to follow this one, really cool motor!
Back