Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Lugisland

...:::{{{DEVIANT}}}:::...

Well, it came down to crunch time and I'm uploading pictures as I write this. I'd just like to say that I had a great time building this bicycle! Thank you to Steve, and all of the other builders who motivated me to get finished! I am truly humbled to be competing in the same ranks as some of...
  2. Lugisland

"DEVIANT" link to finished build on page one :-)

Hello all, your vote would be greatly appreciated! Here is the finished build thread: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=61058 Hello all, This is my first time entering a build off, so I wanted to do something a little different. I found this ladies step thru Monarch at the Ann Arbor show and the...
  3. Lugisland

My Son's first build

My son built this bike last October. It took him 2 days. He is 8 years old. Early 90's (I think) Huffy bmx with 70's tuff wheels and whatever other parts laying around he picked out. I showed him how to install the grips with the air hose, and how to grease and install bearings. He turned...
  4. Lugisland

Ratrod tugger truck

I took these pictures of this old tugger truck at work that one of our Jitney guys fixed up. He said he did the flames on the battery with a paint pen. Looks awesome! Check out the the Hemi valve covers and the 6-71 blower! :D Tom
  5. Lugisland

The "Algonquin" (short video added)

I'm starting a new build I'm calling the "Algonquin". It will be motored bike powered by a Grubee Super Rat. I'm starting out with a Wards Hawthorne twin top tube frame (can anyone date this frame?), Schwinn style springer with brakes, and some Brown Fat Franks. I mounted the Franks on a new...
  6. Lugisland

I bought these two a couple of days ago...

I got a great deal on a twin top tube Hawthorn, and what I think is a ladies Schwinn American. I've been waiting on the Hawthorn from a friend until the price came down. :D When I went to pick it up, he offered the Schwinn to me for free! It's rattle canned, but has good parts and tires...
  7. Lugisland

"Stainless" Finished!

Hello everyone, I'm starting to build up my late '60's Murray built twin top tube Sears. It will feature a springer front end, ape hangers, 175mm Sugino one piece cranks, and fat/skinny White wall tires. I'm very pleased with the rust-oleum appliance epoxy in Stainless Steel. The frame paint...
  8. Lugisland

Murray built Sears?

Picked this up last week. The front fork has the Murray stamp and the numbers on the rear dropout are 502 452000 027768. Does anyone have any idea what year and model this is? Tom
  9. Lugisland

Has anyone made their own springer seats? Post them here!

I'm looking for springer seat ideas. I've got a few seats that I believe are from exercise bikes that I'd like to turn into springers. Whatcha got? :D Tom
  10. Lugisland

Bike ID help please

Hello, I am new to the site and I'd like to know what kind of bike/year this skiptooth is? The rear coaster is stamped JC Higgins, but I don't know if it's the original wheel. I don't think the bars that came on it are stock. Thank you in advance for your help! Tom :D
  11. Lugisland

Hello from Michigan

Hello, my name is Tom from Michigan. I bought a bike from a nice young man Theflyingdingo a couple months ago, and he told me about this site. I've been lurking here for a while and finally picked up a couple of old skiptooths to work on. One is a 26" Wards Hawthorne, and the other is a 24"...
Back