Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Wildcat

swin bike

I like it! It looks like you could put a 26" wheel on thre front to raise the cranks if you needed to. Can you show how it's put together?
  2. Wildcat

ORBO Two weeks, eh?

I had an Orange Varsity that I put 26" x 2.125 tires on. 5 speed. I rode the Silver Strand from North Island to Imperial Beach a lot in 86 and 87. I used a band brake for stopping. A California surfer dude said it was "trick". I guess that was a compliment. I found the lock cut down in Imperial...
  3. Wildcat

Finds up north

Mine was also a one speed just like that with regular handlebars. I had a bike shop in Alameda lace up a set of Z rims to a SA 3 speed w coaster. I rode it in 83 and 84 to work in the Philippines. Through Olongapo City out to Cubi Point Operations. 5 miles in one direction. The bike was kept at...
  4. Wildcat

Finds up north

Looks just like a CyclePro bike I bought new in California in 83.
  5. Wildcat

What have you been riding lately?

Went for a ride this morning on Chrome Molly. The wife was on her Red Tiger. This is the Alava Pier, a legendary place where the Navy ships tied up over the years, giving sailors their first taste of overseas liberty. Any sailor from the 50's to the 90's will know this place and probably have...
  6. Wildcat

Does anyone have any info on this Firestone 500?

It's a Snyder built bike (Rollfast). The graphics look great! The serial number should validate 1958 as the year, but it looks to be early 60's.
  7. Wildcat

SWB0 U-Haul State Core-Line

You can adjust the horizontal angle of the rack by flattening the two braces going to the seat collar. That will tilt it back slightly. I had to do that when adding a rack to a 20" inch bike frame. It was slanted downward in the front. Here it is before and after.
  8. Wildcat

SWB0 U-Haul State Core-Line

#2 painted black.
  9. Wildcat

ORBO FYA - Functional Yard Art

Two Huffmans in a row! Camouflaged against the woods, it looks great!
  10. Wildcat

Chrome Molly

I took some weight off by going to a freewheel. The 2 speed auto is nice but heavy and I really only need one gear. Instead of taking a link out of the chain, I used a tensioner. 39 Chainwheel with an 18 cog. I also smoothed out the ride with the whitewalls. Wheels with black, gold, and blue...
  11. Wildcat

ORBO A noMad

Good backdrop! You got my vote!
  12. Wildcat

Homemade triple tree springer fork.

Yes, that's a lot of leverage with those flanges. Makes for a smooth ride. You could also get longer bolts and add springs on top.
  13. Wildcat

WANTED Huffy the wheel bike 68 model trying to find a front rim and tire. Where can I find these?

It's a 20" for sure. Looks like 28 spokes on this front wheel. Nice looking muscle bike.
  14. Wildcat

Outskirtscustoms finds

If the tires match then probably are the originals. Also the dropouts won't show any marks where the wheel was reset after changing a tire. The serial number will be on the BB giving the year.
  15. Wildcat

Outskirtscustoms finds

That might be a 50's Hawthorne head badge on that CWC. Everything looks original, even the tires. I'll bet the wheels have never been removed to fix a flat. It's a girl's bike of course, they took care of their stuff. In the garage, no 20' skids, never dropped on the ground or taken off any...
  16. Wildcat

Bicycle License Plates, Novelty Tags?

I got the Riff Ratt plate made up from here a few years ago, 3" x 2" is what it looks like. Any larger and it may seem oversized for a bike. The Sandusky plate is a real one and might be the best size to have on a bike.
  17. Wildcat

Hello from Vancouver B.C.

I was lucky enough to have orders to both of those ships, but it was Ranger that pulled in to Vancouver back then. I had an old Hercules 3 speed that I rode in every country we stopped at starting in 1982, except in Vancouver. There were things planned every day that couldn't be passed up. The...
  18. Wildcat

Homemade triple tree springer fork.

It will be way out front that way. The connecting bracket is all that's needed, that will align the struts with the fork legs. I think Ed's got it covered.
  19. Wildcat

SWB0 🇭🇲 '82 Malvern Star Sprint 12

The bike looks great! Photos look 3d.
Back