Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Walker

Prewar drop center front wheel

2. Walker

Prewar drop center front wheel

Looking for a pre war (±1936) drop center wheel for a recently found tandem I picked up. Mead Pathfinder, male/female dual steer. Has original rear wheel but the front is typical light duty spokes. Trying not to dump too much $ into this thing. Willing to offer up some stuff for trade. I...
  3. Walker

Specialized FSR.... Done Stamp

thanks, I did have to restrain myself a few times. I have some nicer parts I could have put on it but I think by not going overboard I kind of kept it at or slightly above its original performance package level. I would have like to use the old canti's but in the end the integrated...
  4. Walker

Specialized FSR.... Done Stamp

Wrapped it up last night... Pretty happy with the turn out. Could not use the 2.4 Maxxis as the chain was rubbing the side of the tire. Part of that issue was an incorrect granny ring with too much offset, rectified with a Race Face ring I had kicking around. Polished up the anodize on the...
  5. Walker

Nexus 7speed coaster wheel set

I was thinking, trim kit = plastic covers for axle and cable brackets. I might have some non turn washers but usually when dealing with horizontal drop outs I just make my own.
  6. Walker

Chrome parts

bump for reasonable offer
  7. Walker

Dropstand for 28's

8. Walker

9. Walker

Remodel project.. roof came off

Another Saturday off. LOL. Took the sawzall and wrecking bar to the end wall. that felt rewarding. Talk about an open concept feeling.. Finished sheathing the gable end, that was some steep ladder work! Salvaged plywood from I don't know what project. Before I put in the arch window...
  10. Walker

Studded in the gable this afternoon and sheathed with 1/2 ply. Also took a leap and cut out all the wall ties. Structural ridged did it's thing, nothing moved.. Wish they were savable since they are old growth hardwood 4x4x 16s but they are warped and riddled with nails. Now the room really...
  11. Walker

I hear you Carl, this thing was definitely built with recycled materials and modified several times. A lot of work for sure but satisfying also. Great building weather right now. I figure 3 to 4 days to dry in the end of the building Not counting building the PT foundation or floor system...
  12. Walker

bump 150 shipped
  13. Walker

Dropstand for 28's

Bump... $130 shipped
  14. Walker

Good day today. Built up the main beam, triple 2x10 with plywood. The beam is spanning 15'-1" but that will shrink to about 10ft when I add a partition for the walk in closet. Removed the gable end entirely. just pulling off the tails of the wide pine siding, all square cut nails..Going to...
  15. Walker

Thanks Luke. I wish I could dedicate more time to this project.
  16. Walker

Put in a half day at the in laws today. I was hoping to get the permanent framing up under the ridge but I didn't quite get there. The studs I needed to cut off the gable to enable clearance for the beam were supporting the shed roof rafters (3x4's at 36" on center). I had been hoping to...
  17. Walker

hand lever coaster brake?

It's the counter clockwise rotation of the sprocket that actuates the brake. Not sure how you would attach anything to the sprocket for that purpose. Also wonder if you would have enough leverage with a brake lever to slow down compared to the leverage that your legs put out.
  18. Walker

Chrome parts

I'd rather sell the lot, considering I'm looking at $30 in shipping this stuff due to weight it's a pretty good deal for all of it I think. If nobody takes the lot of it I guess I'd sell stuff separately.
  19. Walker

Dropstand for 28's

This thing is in great shape. Barely any wear, no bends, no repairs, great patina, its all good. $150 shipped in the lower 48 and I'll throw a surprise in the box. This is for 28" wheels Paypal ready
  20. Walker

Nice pair of Nexus 7 coaster wheels! Incudes shifter as shown. these are nice and straight, paint is light crème with red pinstripes. I bought them a while ago, never used them. No trim kit, rear axle nuts will be included. $175 shipped in the lower 48 through bikeflights. Paypal ready..
Back