Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

OK guys...Lets see some cool bike art

A Keith Haring designed piece of work I liked and now wear.
  2. R

New nylon for my J.Deere lowrider in white.

I see saw are the correct word. Thanks
  3. R

my 52 custom schwinn

Re: my 52 custom schwinn ( update 12/28/09 ) That's a real orange dreamcycle, da bomb! Nice going.
  4. R

New nylon for my J.Deere lowrider in white.

I seen a toy at a John Deere dealership in a display case of a moose riding a green JD bicycle with white tires. The cast iron toy was not old and most likely sold at or given away to JD dealers in this century. Thought I'd throw a pair of white nylons on my '57 Deere painted & dropped Monark :)
  5. R

Indy Winter Swap & Show

I'm in and bringing friends, a straight shot for me on I-70 :D
  6. R

Schwinn Cruiser Classic 1998 w/AS springer find!

I'd really like to be able to pin down a model year. I first thought it was from 1998 but the color scheme black/red were not 1998 offerings. This bike looks nearly new after a light wash/waxing, a couple of stickers one on the chainguard reads Genuine Authentic Schwinn the other on the downtube...
  7. R

I discovered after a shot of air and a good cleaning that the tires are likely the original Schwinn Classic balloon tires 26x2.125. Although they look more like middleweight tires after being aired up :? .
  8. R

Here's a photo of my Cruiser Classic, springer yoke was reversed for some reason. Needs a good cleaning plus front fender brace. Middleweight tires might be replaced with a red balloon set. SERIAL NO. #TY96053125 underneath crank.
  9. R

I placed a sealed bid at an estate sale on a 1998 Cruiser Classic :D , black & red with an AS bolted springer, this morning before me and the wife left for a weekend christmas shopping trip. The wife made the comment that "this trip wasn't all that bad now was it" (after shopping), I said if I...
  10. R

30's ? Ranger

Merry xmas to you! Very nice score. Go back to your co-worker and ask about the tank :wink:
  11. R

Fox River Trail Illinois

I live in So.IL. now but grew up in Aurora, I was a fox river rat from way back. Love the windmill, I remember one along the river in Batavia years back is this the same one? It's been 20yrs. since my last visit to the area.
  12. R

Elgin Skylark

I love the Bluebirds & Skylarks, nice catch :D
  13. R

What spoke lenght needed for drop-center rims?

This is just the third wheel I've tried lacing up and sorta enjoyed it :)
  14. R

I took your advise deorman and laced it up 4-cross, spokes are tighter but a few threads are showing past the nipples. Hopefully a trueing tomorrow will solve this problem.
  15. R

I bought from an ebay seller "spokes for your balloon tire + middleweight 26in wheels". I laced up the front drop-center rim with spokes and their a little long. The pattern I used for lacing I copied from a Schwinn typhoon 26" wheel. The spoke lenght I bought were 10 9/16" long, would this be...
  16. R

LOOK AT WHAT I JUST BOUGHT!...hope you like!

NICE CLASSIC! Were Schwinns sold in the UK, or was this one a stowaway?
  17. R

Improving an old AMF friend

This was entered in the last build-off as the Country Rat but has been revamped into a more practical Shimano 3spd. setup from a Huffy. Nice vintage half moon ladies chrome bar, rat persons saddle and the same vintage feather chainguard. This bike rides very nice in this form and could be one of...
  18. R

Sweet ol' Schwinn girls find for cheap

I was wondering where in S.I. you were from CCR, West Frankfort is home to distant kin for me. Are there Flowers growing in your area, the family name is Flowers. Coal mining family from eastern Kentucky settled and worked around W. Frankfort 1920-40', some family remained around your area...
  19. R

I think this was built before 1948 before SN's were lost. This bicycle is badged ACE built by Arnold Schwinn.
  20. R

This was bought at auction for a $1, it's broken skip tooth chain and sweetheart crankset along with the rusted wheelset were replaced with a the Schwinn mag sprocket and a red painted set of heavy duty tandem 26" wheels. Would this be a late 40's paint scheme? S/N is j07066 I believe.
Back