Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. socal_jack

Late 80's Nishiki rebuild DONE!

Ha, had an Ariel around same year (all blue, even the bars IIRC) got it at Supergo in Santa Monica, old roommate ate the time had the Pueblo, yeloow/blue If memory serves.
  2. socal_jack

Space truckin'

On the GT Peace 9r I had, the 29er geometry also added to the loss of the classic triple triangle look to get anything near reasonable standover.
  3. socal_jack

Space truckin'

Not compared to the 80s frames where everything had a horizontal top tube.but it was a good looking bike
  4. socal_jack

Space truckin'

...., I let it go cheap too though small frame
  5. socal_jack

Video of Hardtail Party group ride klunkers on JEM trail

Up on Gooseberry Mesa above JEM with the pup back in November, Zion NP off to the right in background
  6. socal_jack

were do you drawl the line? how many bikes are 1 to many?

Reminds me of a quote on MTBR by Budhak; "and I thought I had a problem, you are at once both tragic and awesome". I kid of course, but nevertheless, WOW!
  7. socal_jack

Almost forgot about this, my 37 Admiral Schwinn Klunker from RRBO8 https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/37-schwinn-admiral-klunker.75602/ The steel in those old pre-war bikes was really not up to that stuff. If you read MT Tam stuff they broke frames a lot. I'm at about 230# and this thing was...
  8. socal_jack

Yeah, a fav is Thunder Mtn, a bit of a slog on SS all the ups/downs but views are worth it. Even Gooseberry Mesa doesn't get that crowded peak season. We found a piece of trail we ride by Silver Reef with dino tracks in a creek bed pretty much no one goes to there. My pup in the footsteps of giants.
  9. socal_jack

were do you drawl the line? how many bikes are 1 to many?

When I moved last year, had one bedroom in house dedicated to just bikes, starting to double stack, had a sort of an OMG I'm a hoarder moment when I couldn't access some stuff in the room. Figured I'd get rid of some stuff at a garage sale but still barely made a dent, 3 garage sales later still...
  10. socal_jack

Farewell Adam Hooligan Copeland "karfer67" - Shirts, Hats, and Patches

When I went back to look up that thread I went thru it again and noticed you had gotten back for him, very cool.
  11. socal_jack

I'm holding out for Habit Burger ;). Usually stay in Leeds up the road at a friend's place so normally ride closer to Virgin/Hurricane area. Was out there in July it was so stinking hot we drove up to Navajo Lake above Cedar City , over 9000ft, 70 degrees way better than 105 but barely escaped a...
  12. socal_jack

Farewell Adam Hooligan Copeland "karfer67" - Shirts, Hats, and Patches

Sad to hear, RIP Adam. Think I found RRB way back in 2006/2007 or so hunting down more info on his Higgins build, pretty much started that journey. https://ratrodbikes.com/forum/threads/1950-something-jc-higgins-custom-the-higgins.359/
  13. socal_jack

1 guy on a Schwinn DX, the rest on State brand klunkers, I always try to ride the area very fun trails JEM, Deadringer, Goosebumps. Heading back out next month for Redbull Rampage.
  14. socal_jack

Gary Fisher Klunker

I remember scouring ebay for one BITD on eBay when they were still reasonable price but they got snapped up quick.
  15. socal_jack

Space truckin'

I sold my old GT Peace SS 29er last year(71 degree head angle), took it out for a last ride, scary. The norm now is pretty much where the old klunkers were ~67deg and some now 62-63 on hardtails. But if you want to see something freakish, Aquaholic just had a custom 36er built...
  16. socal_jack

Space truckin'

Indeed. 63rd trip around the sun so splurged a bit. Bars - Thomson 800mm 10mm rise, Answer 50mm stem Fork - Pike Ultimate 150mm, 42mm offset(purchased with frame Tom gave me a smoking deal on that) BB, Cranks, Ring - Raceface Aeffect cinch direct mount Nobl TR38 carbon wheelset I had them build...
  17. socal_jack

Space truckin'

A few weeks ago he was semi-directing SDMBA trail work, boulders in particular, took a vid on his first test. Heres one he calls Kompressor Roll Doesnt look so bad next to my bike but it's a straight drop
  18. socal_jack

Show me your cool little details! ~:The Little Things:~

Hey King hows it going? This last startup kicked my butt for time. I had to copy that one from an old post, lost about 20 years of pics after a PSU fried.
  19. socal_jack

Space truckin'

28/19 punchy climbs around here. That's about same as 32/21.
  20. socal_jack

Space truckin'

A space metal (Ti 😝) covid build of a Vassago Radimus starting in April took forever to get parts, finished a few weeks ago maiden voyage in the mountains east of san diego. As you can tell in 2nd pic forgot to tighten nuts on tension bolts luckily almost slammed forward already
Back