Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Paint/ Powder Coat stripper

Aircraft Spruce https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/cspages/ptipremover09-04167-9.php?clickkey=5994
  2. S

Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Now we're talking. Nice Cook Bros build. Even Cook cranks. Those look like 185mm arms!
  3. S

Lets See Those 26" BMX Styled Cruiser Builds

Here is one I did awhile back. Powder coated a crusty old Schwinn straightbar frame I had kicking around the shop. Widened some 24" Scrambler bars, Ashtabula stem and crank, Cooks replica fork and a Sturmey S2C two speed rear hub. Brooks saddle and Hunt Wilde grips. Schwinn Straightbar by...
  4. S

Awesome Fenders!! Lets see em!

Sportsman Electric by Pat Dolan, on Flickr More Electrics by Pat Dolan, on Flickr
  5. S

NonGoose 26 BMX project

A little of both in my experience. If your a good welder (weldor) you can throw down nice welds even with a clunky old machine that is functioning correctly. If your a good welder with a really nice modern solid state machine with all the latest features, well, it's kind of like driving a...
  6. S

LAGUNA CRUISER

Good one, thanks. I do have all the tools and have kicked it around. Would need a sample to get the specs. Thought about doing a 26" Champ Squareback or even a Kos Kruiser, too. I'd probably have to run and hide, though, as the BMX collectors just hate "repops", and would likely run me off...
  7. S

LAGUNA CRUISER

Wow, nice Laguna! Choice of parts is perfect. Just a rear coaster brake, no front brake, so clean in that respect, and the stamped Ashtabula stem and steel Wald bars make this a real knock around the neighborhood machine. Funny how when I was a kid I avoided Wald parts, mostly the stems, and...
  8. S

Sportsman Electraflyer Cruiser

So-Cal Speed Shop Special at the Grand National Roadster Show today. Grand National Roadster Show by Pat Dolan, on Flickr
  9. S

Hi guys, Thanks for checking out my thread. Gas tank is pretty wide to fit the battery. It barely fits. Same with the controller, just barely. I built most of the components like frame, forks, tank and tool box, but did not form the fenders. Too specialized for my small shop. They come...
  10. S

Recently built this bike up. It has a longer rear frame triangle than my earlier electric bikes and has an updated engine case. As before the electric motor is hidden inside the fabricated v-twin crank case, making this a mid-drive electric. The 52v 30 ah battery is located in the gas tank...
  11. S

Sportsman Electraflyer Boardie

Just finishing up another build. Started with a 135mm spaced Sportsman Flyer pedal bike frame. This bike uses a 52 volt 30 amp hour battery located in the gas tank. The battery controller resides in the tool box. Electric motor is hidden inside the v-twin crank case, making this a mid drive...
  12. S

Sportsman 200 Cruiser

A personal bike I just finished up. This is a Sportsman Flyer 200 model built up as a cruiser. Sportsman 200 Frame Sportsman 200 engine mount Reduction drive Predator 212cc engine 180mm Disc front brake Sturmey Archer S1C rear coaster brake hub with Sportsman Sprocket Adapter 3" Duro Beach Bum...
  13. S

SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Worksman Sportsman Flyer standard cruiser model with an electric V-twin motor. Not quite finished but it's getting close. Electraflyer by Pat Dolan, on Flickr
  14. S

SHOW US YOUR WORKSMAN BICYCLE

Here is one I built awhile back. A Worksman Sportsman Flyer. Bonneville 2013 by Pat Dolan, on Flickr And here is one more with panel tanks and truss forks. Sportsman Super Tanker by Pat Dolan, on Flickr Sportsman Super Tanker by Pat Dolan, on Flickr
  15. S

Worksman's new offering

Hi Guys, A little history. My first stretch and loop frames were based off the Worksman Industrial Newsboy rear frame triangle. I built the frame forward into my stretch and loop design. I moved on to full custom frames and bikes while keeping the same basic geometry. The new "Worksman...
  16. S

Post your motor and non-motored Boardtrack bikes

Here is a picture of my latest pedal power boardie. It's built on a brand new Sportsman Flyer bicycle frame. Sportsman Pedal Bikes by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr Sportsman Pedal Bikes by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr Sportsman Pedal Bikes by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr
  17. S

1980 LAGUNA CRUISER

Nice find. I have been keeping my eyes open for one of these. Keep it original!
  18. S

Sportsman Pedal Power Boardie

Figured I would build up a cruiser version while I was at it. Sportsman Pedal Bike by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr
  19. S

Still need to lace up the wheels. I was thinking a Worksman front drum, Strumey two speed kick back with coaster brake, and aluminum rims with stainless spokes. Wheels get expensive, but otherwise I plan to keep this a pretty low buck build. Might not paint it or cover the seat. Sportsman...
  20. S

Hi guys, I've been building a lot of bikes lately, all with motors. Some of my frames are entirely from scratch, others use parts from the Worksman INB. This bike gets no motor, and uses the Worksman INB rear triangle as a starting point. The frame is built from steel tubes and uses Worksman...
Back