Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. wheelbender6

Western Flyer 24 5 speed

The shifter sure looks like a Sears shifter. Maybe a DIY 5 speed conversion?
  2. wheelbender6

Quite possibly the ugliest bicycle ever

Townies make good e-bikes. Plenty of room for batteries.
  3. wheelbender6

Jude's finds

That head badge rocks.
  4. wheelbender6

california dreamin

Keep the pics comin.
  5. wheelbender6

Red Bikes Are Faster (rbaf)

I would need a lot caffeine before I could spin those cranks!
  6. wheelbender6

Electric hub motor with five gear cassette

Bafang hub motors have a good rep. Most come with 6 speed cogs. I don't think you can get 5 speed cogs anymore.
  7. wheelbender6

New member looking for ideas. How would you convert my custom frame to electric?

I would get a kit with a rear hub motor. At least 36v500w.
  8. wheelbender6

Purple Heart

Great to have a Purple Heart recipient on board. Thank you for serving and sacrificing.
  9. wheelbender6

Went To The "E" Side

There are quite a few e-bikes with vintage rat rod styling, nut they are really expensive.
  10. wheelbender6

Cranbrook E-Bike

I have not. I have seen other electrified beach cruisers. Mounting a hub motor should be pretty straight-forward. Mid mount motor will require a BB adaptor and you will likely run into other problems. Bottle battery pack can be mounted to the seat tube. One problem: Hub motors do not have...
  11. wheelbender6

My first rod brake bike

Thats what I needed when Iived on the Gulf. Cables would rust and seize within a month.
  12. wheelbender6

OK Guys! How does this bike seat grab you???????

I'd use that seat if it gave massages. No more numbness on long rides.
  13. wheelbender6

Unofficial March Shootout 4 VOTING

Sorry I didn't vote. I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger. Gotta get my priorities right.
  14. wheelbender6

Schwinn Continental II

Here is a quick mock up for my Conti. Bars, front brake and 3 speed coaster were scavenged from a 1977 Breeze.
  15. wheelbender6

Schwinn Continental II

Great color. Looks like you added some wider beach cruiser wheels, too. -My favorite thing about my Continental is that nice little French made fork, and it looks like yours has it too. -By the way, the date in my original post was a typo. it's a 1979 Conti, verified by SN. Sorry.
  16. wheelbender6

Schwinn Continental II

Brought home this 1979 Conti II. I am very unfamiliar with these Schwinns. Its a low spec bike, but virtually every component is stamped Schwinn or Schwinn Approved. That crankset is as big as a satellite dish. I may add upright bars and a 3 spd coaster hub.
  17. wheelbender6

Long low beach cruiser (custom made frame)

Dude. You could ride that under a Miata.
  18. wheelbender6

New bike who this?

Welcome. Wheels are 20"x12"?
  19. wheelbender6

Can you put custom gears on a freewheel?

I don't think cassette cogs will fit the freewheel spindle. Cogs on my cassettes would not thread on to anything.
  20. wheelbender6

ROAD RAT

Looks great. I want to resurrect an old10 speed like that.
Back