Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ratfink1962

Dorky neighborhood kid's Klunker

I was gonna do a build thread but this one was a long term project and I forgot to take pics along the way. This bike is a "what if".... meaning, what if the Dorky neighborhood kid wanted to build a klunker but all the cool kids snatched up the prewar Schwinn frames... lol I tried to make it...
  2. Ratfink1962

4th Annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet 4/21/13

Cmon April.... The 4th Annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet will be Sunday April the 21st. (Rain date April 29th) Located at the Haysville Hometown Market (101 s. main Haysville, Ks 67060) Vendor setup 7am, open to the public @ 8am Swap runs till 4pm or so. Seller spaces still just $5 Last year we...
  3. Ratfink1962

Storage Wars = Fake? NO WAY!!! :-)

LOS ANGELES — Some of the valuables found hidden in abandoned lockers on A&E's "Storage Wars" have been added by producers to deceive viewers, a former cast member of the show claims in a lawsuit filed Tuesday. David Hester's suit claims producers have added a BMW Mini and newspapers...
  4. Ratfink1962

Midwest Bicycle Fest Raffle bike... DONE! 9/22

The Midwest Bicycle Fest will be held Sunday 9/30/12 at Riggs Park in Haysville, Kansas. I bought the Bike pictured below so I could build it up and offer it as one of the Raffle bikes for the fest. The money that is raised by the raffle helps to pay for running the fest and providing the FREE...
  5. Ratfink1962

Indian Princess

Ok here's the story... My wife really dont ride much, I built her this bike a couple years ago... But she really didnt like riding it, she said it was heavy, and hard to pedal, so I hung it up and pretty much forgot about it. Fast forward to a couple months ago... For some reason she hopped...
  6. Ratfink1962

20" Slick Chick / Fair Lady question

I am clueless when it comes to figuring out what tire size is what on Schwinn's but Im trying to figure out if the Slick Chick originally came with a S2 rear and a S7 front? (Ive seen this posted online, but I need some kind of proof) local bike shop guy (authorized Schwinn dealer since the...
  7. Ratfink1962

How To: Straighten sheetmetal

Here's a little how to for those of you wanting to take the dings out of fenders, chain guards, tanks, etc. Im sure there are many ways to accomplish the same task, but this is a method I use that requires no filler, a good automotive primer surfacer and a couple blocking sessions and you are...
  8. Ratfink1962

4/22/12 Midwest Bicycle swapmeet

Time once again to post the details for the 3rd annual Midwest Bicycle swapmeet. When: Sunday April 22nd, (rain date Sunday April 29th) Where: Haysville hometown market, Haysville, Kansas Time: vendor setup at 7am open for business at 8am and runs until ? New this year will be a Pre-swap ride...
  9. Ratfink1962

Beautiful Elgin Bluebird restoration

All I can say is Wow... http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-Elgin-Bluebird-26-Mens-Bicycle-Restored-/260908450408?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cbf5b0268#ht_6226wt_1244 He is also selling a equally nice ladies Elgin...
  10. Ratfink1962

Colson Tandem

Hi all, I recently bought a Colson rear steer tandem, It is in riding condition but I am looking to refurbish it. Take a look at the pics and hopefully someone here can give me the rundown on it as far as what parts are correct and what isnt. So as you can see from the pics, I am...
  11. Ratfink1962

Cha-Ching... American Pickers style

Ive been wanting to hit a few Estate sales just to see what I could come up with. And I was able to talk the wife into it... So today, we load up and hit four different sales. Got a few decent bargains like a Metal Cooler for $2.50, some hand saws for $2, and my wife bought a neat picnic basket...
  12. Ratfink1962

4/17/2011 2nd Annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet

Mark your Calendar's, the 2nd annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet will be held on Sunday April 17th (rain date May 1st) at the Hometown Market area in Haysville, Kansas. Website here... http://locojoe.com/coasters/pages/swap.html Open from 8am to whenever Setup @ 7am Selling spaces are just $5...
  13. Ratfink1962

Resolutions

Anybody have New Year's Resolutions? Last year my resolution was to eat better and lose some weight, so far Ive lost around 70 lbs and feeling much better! My resolutions for this year is to lose an additional 20 lbs to get myself down to my ideal weight (according to my Doc) and maintain it...
  14. Ratfink1962

29er wheelset

I just bought this from Tin Machine here recently... Since OG 28" rims and tires are Waaaayyy out of my price range, I was contemplating building up a set of 29er wheels with a coaster. Right now it has the regular 26" wheelset and you can see they have a large gap between the tires and...
  15. Ratfink1962

Mom and Dad's Christmas bikes (DONE!!!)

Had planned on documenting these builds, but I simply didnt have time. I just got the clear sprayed so I have a few hours of downtime to get this posted. This is what I started with... These will be more of a refurbishment, not really getting the rat treatment. Not a full on restoration...
  16. Ratfink1962

Recent finds...

The last week or two has been good for me, Here's some recent finds... First off is a 20" girls Schwinn Hollywood, got it from a guy at work. Then I made a trip up to Kansas City last weekend and picked up this Murray with a shockmaster from Jon. I have never seen one with the lower strut...
  17. Ratfink1962

Kinky Lady (Frame repair)

Not what you were expecting :lol: :roll: I recently picked up an old Dayton (Firestone Pilot) ladies bike to fix up for my Mom. I didnt even notice until I had it broke down but the seat tube had a nice kink in it right at the downtube joint. I didnt get a decent pic of the damage, but this...
  18. Ratfink1962

1936? Hawthorne and a Ladies Dayton

I recently picked up a couple of bikes to fix up for my Mom and Dad. My Dad said something a while back about wanting a 1937 bicycle so I put the word out and ended up with what you see below. I also figured since im building up a bike for Dad.... Mom is gonna want one too! I did PM RMS37 and...
  19. Ratfink1962

Partridge Pedal Party Oct 16th

Good times, Good food, and the pies.... oh the pies! this is an Amish community and boy do they know how to make pie! anyone going? see the details Here
  20. Ratfink1962

Freakbike Trophy

I am making the Freakbike Trophy for the =http://midwestbicyclefest.com]6th Annual Midwest Bicyclefest I decided to build up a chopper bike, its made out of steel rod, tubing and other scraps of metal I had laying aorund. And yes the forks turn, and so does the crank, and its about 18" long...
Back