Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ratfink1962

Pre-War Royal Flyer

Ive heard that soaking it in water works, no kidding. if you have a tub big enough, soak that sucker. And since it spins... I think you are way ahead in the game. Ive had some that wouldnt budge at all.
  2. Ratfink1962

Pre-War Royal Flyer

Your list isnt that bad... replacing bottom bracket and headset bearings is pretty much a standard deal on old bikes, Pedals... same deal, Stuck stem, Takes a little patience but you can usually get them to un-stick. Seatpost shim, really not that big of deal. The frame issue... I wouldn't...
  3. Ratfink1962

Pre-War Royal Flyer

Looks like the frame took a real hard hit to the frontend, head tube is bent more vertical. Fork looks ok... probably changed out at one time though. If you look close, the seat tube has a slight bow aft, and the middle tube has more radius than the top tube which means its bent. Both tubes...
  4. Ratfink1962

This old Schwinn Haunts me

I think its one of those New Belgian Brewing bikes, and the last time I was in ES I believe that business had closed but the bike was still up on the sign.
  5. Ratfink1962

Show Us Your Boats

Posted earlier in the thread with this... I have had my eye on a boat just down the street from me for a while now. Its a 1994 Sea Nymph powered by a 1995 Johnson 50. It has sat uncovered in the driveway for the last four years that I know of, the drain was plugged and it had filled with...
  6. Ratfink1962

LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Southwind) LOOKOUT!!!!! you about ran over that camera :lol:
  7. Ratfink1962

Period correct or functional correct?

if it was mine... I would clean it up and make it rideable and comfortable. and if it still looks "old" then 98% of the people out there wont know the difference anyways. Save the clad wheels and install a modern 700c wheelset, the ultimate (IMO) wheelset would be the Velocity Blunt in a...
  8. Ratfink1962

Dorky neighborhood kid's Klunker

Thanks Loco, I found it at a garage sale across the street from me, so they are still out there. The bike was the easiest thing to acquire, the parts... not so easy. Actually I have my eye on another Schwinn in town... its been sitting outside for the last couple of years... so maybe the owner...
  9. Ratfink1962

The Sidwwinder was early 80's so think of this one as the Sidewinder's daddy. :D maybe the dorky kid was onto something.... hmmm :wink:
  10. Ratfink1962

BLUE SPRINGS, MO BICYCLE SWAP MEET 6/8/2013

Re: BLUE SPRINGS, MO BICYCLE SWAP MEET!!! Oh Im crafty.... but yeah, dead man walking pretty much sums it up :wink:
  11. Ratfink1962

Re: BLUE SPRINGS, MO BICYCLE SWAP MEET!!! Clark, Man thats tempting, but I leave the morning of the 7th... and I know if it includes New Belgium beer.... I wont be in any shape to drive!! lol Good luck with the swap. If you decide to take on the Springfield Scooter swap, let us know. I had the...
  12. Ratfink1962

Re: BLUE SPRINGS, MO BICYCLE SWAP MEET!!! Darn the bad luck... this swap happens right at the beginning of my one week vacation, bummer... :(
  13. Ratfink1962

Thanks man, I got a lot of inspiration from Alan Bonds website... http://www.clunkers.net and Charlie Kelley's site... http://sonic.net/~ckelly/Seekay/ TONS of good info on both sites. When I build up my Araya wheelset, I plan on using Suzue hubs. I see eBay is loaded with them, any ideas to...
  14. Ratfink1962

Hey thanks! Im not sure what bike those forks originally came on? they were originally white and had a sticker on them that said "California" And they didn't have the Canti-mounts, I welded those on. The steer tube was also too long, so I took it over to 65rat's house and borrowed his die...
  15. Ratfink1962

I was gonna do a build thread but this one was a long term project and I forgot to take pics along the way. This bike is a "what if".... meaning, what if the Dorky neighborhood kid wanted to build a klunker but all the cool kids snatched up the prewar Schwinn frames... lol I tried to make it...
  16. Ratfink1962

LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Cinco De Mayo Ride) Jerry.... it only shows ONE shot. I think they polished off the bottle 8)
  17. Ratfink1962

LocoJoe's Recent Rides

Re: LocoJoe's Most Recent Ride (Cinco De Mayo Ride) Haha... made me LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:
  18. Ratfink1962

Welding tip

Excellent advice, getting the proper position has a lot to do with laying down a solid weld. To add to it... if at all possible it ALWAYS helps to brace the hand your welding with and to use both hands if you can. Freestylin your welding hand in mid air with nothing to brace against is asking...
  19. Ratfink1962

Rat Rod cooking

Cook meat.... with Fire!!! UGHHH ugh /caveman voice Ribs Burnt ends... YUM!! Brisket... oh yeah!!! Chuckie, and the thing in the foil is Cabbage
  20. Ratfink1962

hello from the flatlands

Welcome from the Wichita area. You just missed the 4th Annual Midwest Bicycle Swapmeet on 4/21 but if you check out the Coasters website, there is always something to do, the next major event you don't want to miss is the 9th Annual Midwest Bicycle Fest. http://locojoe.com/coasters/
Back