Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. SSG

Aroundtuit

I'm calling it quits. I build bikes for fun and if I have to force myself to work on something, thats sort of the opposite. Maybe I'll revisit it in the winter.
  2. SSG

Aroundtuit

I want to be working on this bike, but
  3. SSG

Aroundtuit

It's about time I tried to get some work done on this thing. I've got a start on a parts pile.
  4. SSG

24 inch Free Spirit BMX Cruiser (PAUSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

That's a really cool frame, and your idea for the guessets makes it even better.
  5. SSG

Aroundtuit

Those mini tall bikes are pretty cool but I'd probably break my neck.
  6. SSG

Aroundtuit

I got the fork welded up this afternoon. +177mm over on the length with 100mm spacing for the wheel.
  7. SSG

Aroundtuit

I started off with these parts specifically because the fork tubes are 1" OD. They match right up with the guts of these cheap mtb forks.
  8. SSG

Aroundtuit

I'm off to a bit of a late start, and I don't really have a plan at this point. I'll find some inspiration once I start to get some parts together. For now this is what I'm starting with.
  9. SSG

You in with what?

10. SSG

You in with what?

I'm in. I plan to throw something together from what I already have laying around, probably class II.
  11. SSG

32-er Project Abandoned Before it Begins

It might be possible to get tires directly from Kent. They still sell a bike with 32" tires.
  12. SSG

The next build off? Plans for the future

I'm excited for the coming build-off, I just wish summer would pump the brakes. 87f (30c) today.
  13. SSG

Road Salt

Nice frame. I think the serial on the dropout starting with 4H makes it a 1954.
  14. SSG

S1LVERADO

I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to it. I had one growing up, still have it actually.
  15. SSG

Polecat

Thanks!
  16. SSG

Revenant

Great job saving a classic.
  17. SSG

Polecat

This bike started out as a rusty ladies Free Spirit. I converted it to a mens frame with a curved seat tube and hellenec style seat stays, while attempting to keep the original patina. All the tubing is from Murray built bikes. All the parts that were replaced were left over from other builds...
  18. SSG

Polecat (BO17)

I'm calling this bike done.
  19. SSG

Polecat (BO17)

I cut and welded the seat post and got the seat mounted. The seat post is a bit of an oddball in that the part for the seat clamp is larger diameter than the part that goes in the frame. The seat is a brooks professional which some critter had a cheeky little nibble on. I was going to butcher...
  20. SSG

Polecat (BO17)

I mounted a set of soma Major Taylor bars, and a set of grips from the junk bin that just happened to be the right color. Then I installed the cranks, forks and bars. Surprisingly the bearings were all in great shape, so it still has all the original hartford bearings. It's finally a roller.
Back