Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. B607

fender braces

Very easy. Bead blast off all the rust then spray with clear satin. They will stay nice for many years. And don’t touch them with bare hands after blasting or you’ll get rusty finger prints.
  2. B607

Old Bike Haul/Hoping for some Information

I’m thinking the rear fender on the Schwinn is not Schwinn. Fender brace attaches to axle. Should attach to ear.
  3. B607

Show me your cool little details! ~:The Little Things:~

When I built this bike I got ready to put the rack on and discovered I didn't have any of those clamps that go around the frame. I came up with something else. I used a small "L" shaped bracket and attached it to the bolt that holds the fender, placing it on upside down. I bolted the bracket...
  4. B607

SOLD REPOP SCHWINN PHANTOM PARTS FOR SALE

I took my '95 Schwinn pedals apart, then painted the reflectors with black Krylon. Reassembled them with painted reflectors facing inward. Fixed! Pre-reflector pedals. Gary
  5. B607

WTB: Bendix kickback axle (2 speed)

Blue and yellow have threads from one end to the other. The red has two sets of threads that don't connect. If your red has continuous threads, it's been replaced at some point with a yellow or blue axle. Gary
  6. B607

I'll have to go down in the shop and look again, but IIRC the red band is not threaded continuous. Two sets of threads with unthreaded area in the middle. Yellow and blue are threaded all the way. A yellow or blue band axle will work on a red band but a red band axle won't work on blue or...
  7. B607

Blue and yellow, same axle. Red band axle is different. I think I have a few red band axles. Gary
  8. B607

Question about Bendix blue band hubs.

All bearings are 1/4" balls. Gary
  9. B607

StingRay # help?

D3...April of '63? The Bendix RB2 hub lines up with that date nicely. Gary
  10. B607

StingRay # help?

D3...April of '63? The Bendix RB2 hub lines up with that date nicely. Gary
  11. B607

The chart that says they won't interchange says so for cosmetic reasons, not mechanical. They didn't want the blue and yellow shells to get mixed up, but the dimensions are the same. So now that you have a green band, (blue X yellow make green) tell us how it rides. Gary
  12. B607

Yes, blue band guts in a yellow band hub shell will work. Won't work in a red band. Gary
  13. B607

Comfortable (even custom?) banana seat?

Here's my attempt at comfort. I started with a cheap seat. I think it's the square sidewall kind like Rauol Dude showed. I glued a layer of closed cell foam first. Then I added a layer of this grey colored composite looking material that looked like an old horse blanket. Like padding you'd...
  14. B607

ballooner id???

No pic. Try again. Gary
  15. B607

(ORBO) DEAD METAL finished

I knew better than to throw that rusty frame away. Glad you made good use of it Carl. Cool build and the pitted Royal lives again. Gary
  16. B607

UPDATE 1948 B.F. Goodrich/Schwinn

That's a model D37XE-8. It normally would also have a rack but BFG bikes sometimes came differently equipped. I wonder why they changed the Schwinn grips? Maybe she had small hands.?? Beautiful bike. Gary
  17. B607

Kickback hubs...?????

A few kickbacks. The elusive index springs. Gary
  18. B607

Bendix blue band 2 speed hub

I thought about selling you mine, but it's my last blue band. Gary
  19. B607

Bendix blue band 2 speed hub

$125 was too cheap. $150 at least if it's as nice as the one ODDER had. Gary
Back