Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

JC Higgins skip tooth find!

Thanks Adam. Really appreciate the help. I have spent quite a bit of time the last few days scouring the net for a similar bike and haven't found much.
  2. M

Fixie Schwinn just finished

Very nice!
  3. M

Decoding a Higgins Serial Number

Thanks Adam, took another look (it was dusk last night and rainy so I didn't take my time like I should have). yes, it is "MOD 502" and not "iou 502". Tried the Sears parts direct website, nada, but that would have been cool! Always makes you wonder if there is a brand spanky new in the...
  4. M

Any info on the date of manufacture or model name from this?
  5. M

Decoding a Higgins Serial Number

Hmmm, looking at my serial number on the bottom bracket I see: MOSR IOU 502 502 286 1364943 Again, the red "I" is a guess but I am pretty sure about the "OU" Any ideas?
  6. M

I was at the local second hand store (actually looking for old rc or model cars to modify, another hobby of mine...) and was just about to leave when I spotted a pair of vintage cruisers... from a distance they looked like they matched, very cool. After I got a bit closer I knew the girl's...
  7. M

Patina Cruiser-Clunker

Yup, definitely looking for an appropriate kickstand. The one it had was way too short.
  8. M

Patina Cruiser-Clunker

Long story short... I found another bike to add to the collection two weeks ago. Took it completely apart, soaked the bearings and pedal cranks in gas, re-greased and assembled. Rides like a charm and it looks quite a bit like the original fat tire type of bike (new Belgium brewery type of fat...
  9. M

Two vintage murrays and a vintage schwinn

June Saturdays mean gargage sales and so far I have found three good bikes. Total spent... $27 bucks. First up is a 80's-ish Murray Monteray in great condition. Even had the manual and the city bike registration. Prepare to be ratified... flat grey color with brass knuckles on the head...
  10. M

Beer fixie... on the cheap!

That's funny right there.... never even crossed my mind to be honest with you! I'll have to rectify the situation quick fast and in a hurry!
  11. M

show us your BEER BIKE

An old thread, but hey, here's another beer bike, just needs a few more labels to get "up to speed" with some of the other sweet bikes in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=19887
  12. M

Crazy Ride - Bogus Bomb Run w/Tour de Fat.

Looks like a really fun time, I had a blast at the TDF as well. If it is open to anyone, I'd love to join you next year!
  13. M

Thats funny right there! Thanks for the compliments guys. I used spray adhesive to glue the labels on, and I am going to spray some clear protective coat over that as well.
  14. M

Back in February I acquired a nice, straight old ten speed bike (Cheap Fixie Project: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13377 ) and, due to full time school and clinicals, not to mention a growing baby boy, I slowly began to transform it into something more... me :P . Stripped it down to bearing, nuts and...
  15. M

GREY GHOST!!!

Never knew this bike was hiding in my friend's garage.... Paid $5.00 for it. And here it is:
  16. M

4 dollar Friday

Looks nice!
  17. M

GREY GHOST!!!

YEAH BABY! I was helping my church organize the garage sale stuff for tomorrow.... And through the doors comes one of my good friends..... pushing a grey ghost SWEET! It's just the chinese reissue, but very cool anyway. No pictures yet, but I'll give it a once over this weekend and...
  18. M

my lowrider ratrod

Diggin it!
  19. M

Sucker Punch

Build in the build section (slow build = slow ride) Next to my wife's cruiser
Back