Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Genom

cleaned another garage

I had the AMF Hot Seat as a kid. I wore holes in several right rear tires from skidding :lol: :lol: :lol:
  2. Genom

What to do w/ a frame in good condition?

Looks like everyone else has paint restoration under control here, so I'll go for the chrome: I use Naval Jelly and a nylon brush to clean up old crusty chrome. Heavy rust and pitting cannot be completely removed, but you'll be surprised how clean the chrome will come out with very little hard...
  3. Genom

Kabuki road bike

Since I am away from home for Easter, I will get shipping quotes to everyone sometime Monday night. Thank all of you for interest in these parts! (I can use the space in my house :lol: )
  4. Genom

Kabuki road bike

Monday evening when I'm back home I will weigh the wheels and get you a shipping quote. Would you have a set of 26" wheels with a coaster brake for a beach cruiser I'm putting together for a friend?
  5. Genom

Kabuki road bike

Post your zip code, I'll figure shipping and come up with a price.
  6. Genom

Dyno Ultra Glide

Now THAT is a score! Scallops will never die.
  7. Genom

Kabuki road bike

Yes, the wheels are Mavic MA2 27x1x1/4 with QR's. Hubs are French made Mallards.
  8. Genom

Kabuki road bike

Just picked up this old road bike from a friend (original owner) who no longer wanted it... Says its a ~1979 Kabuki SSK. Its a little small for me (53cm frame) otherwise I would make a cheap fixie out of it. It has some nice parts like Mavic MA2 wheels, Sugino cranks, TTT stem, ITM handlebars...
  9. Genom

Old Style Patches

I remember seeing smudge pots in the mid 70's as a kid (I'm 40 now). I suppose I'm not old enough to remember hot patches...my father never used them to repair the tubes in my bikes as a kid.
  10. Genom

Super Interesting Vintage Lightweight

Cool curvy seat and chainstays. I'm willing to bet there is some vertical compliance which makes the ride smooth and responsive which is the idea behind the Jeff Jones SpaceFrame. Those cranks are nice and would lend some visual interest to a typical cantilever framed bike.
  11. Genom

29ers'

The Mary is an excellent XC bike for the money. Its not the lightest bike due to the wheels, but the geometry is real nice with a very compliant rear triangle. (My Salsa's rear triangle beats me up on the same trails) I have never had issues with the eccentric bottom bracket creaking or moving...
  12. Genom

29ers'

I have two 29ers and won't mountain bike on 26" wheels any more. My single speed is a 2007 Haro Mary SS with an On One carbon fork. The geared bike is a 2007 Salsa El Mariachi with a 1x9 drivetrain.
  13. Genom

New York City Rats! Update March 4th!!!!!

The fork on that yellow rickshaw style bike took a beating...nice "fix" by turning the fork backwards. :roll: The military green cruiser is a Nirve Kilroy...cool!
  14. Genom

Show me your streched bike

15. Genom

Show me your streched bike

3 speed burrito.
  16. Genom

Kent cruiser (Made In England?)

Cool...thank you for the information. :D
  17. Genom

Yeah, it seems like a rather cheap bike in comparison to others...but at least I have a pretty cool frame to work with though the bottom bracket looks a little different compared to most. Maybe its the outer cup on the non-drive side that is throwing me off. I'll see what happens...that trade...
  18. Genom

Yep, very similar. I have someone that may trade me a late seventies road bike for the Kent...cool. 8)
  19. Genom

We are the 40 "bikes added"

I like the one with the dial a ride fork. :D
  20. Genom

Today while I was out with some clients looking at houses, I found this bike in the basement at one and asked if I may have it since the house was to be emptied. "Sure, get it out of the basement and its yours" said the homeowner. So here it is...maybe you cycle sleuths know more about this...
Back