Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Ratpick

O'Curren builds a coaster brake racer

Hey Thanks! Here it is with a new seat and less decals
  2. Ratpick

Burner Cruiser (and how-to make a simple jig)

Took this beast out for a ride today. Amazed at how smooth and how well everything still works. How do you make a derailleur system work in extreme environment? Keep it simple stupid. Cheap plastic friction shifters move between two gears each for a durable, wide ratio 4 speed. Either side of...
  3. Ratpick

oh and sorry the title kinda sucks since this isn't really a how-to. Just gaze upon these pics and then see what kind of scrap you can assemble into your own jig.
  4. Ratpick

Since I posted my recent build, I thought you may want to see what I did back in 2012. I apologize, for some reason the rest of pics aren't showing up on my computer. This was a bike built for Burning Man, thats why it may be a little crazy compared to some other stuff people ride down your...
  5. Ratpick

The heat sink started as an inget of aluminum, then a few hours on lathe and mill made it happen. I have tentative plans of casting copies so it can be an on-shelf item You're right on wanting to pronounce the asymmetrical design more- that was original plan but this build was sort of just...
  6. Ratpick

That's all for now, though I should add some fresh pics since it got some slight cosmetic upgrades. Also the rear wheel for this bike isn't built yet so maybe I'll show that soon as well.
  7. Ratpick

Then to top things off I was able to make another idea come to fruition. I have a good homie that started working in an excellent space-age fab shop. He machined me a wonderful little heat sink.
  8. Ratpick

Then it got painted and assembled and became a bike. Note the crafty brakearm stay and the extra file work I did on the gusset-opener section.
  9. Ratpick

This next part of the build was actually done in just a day. Making tubes, fitting and splattering together. Making some sexy curvy tubes? Well that takes a high end tubing bender Then a few fit in place and a couple super-seatstays make it a frame I did plan for the asymmetrical design, but...
  10. Ratpick

Next was to set up my jig (which I just got, and it's awesome) with a starting point for my geometry. (That's not a frame I built, but I made it mine and quit advertising for whatever company it was) Then started to set up for this build. The front end geometry was changed slightly
  11. Ratpick

Then, cut out the part of frame I want to use
  12. Ratpick

I haven't been on here in a while, but since I just finished up a bike I thought it'd be nice to share. Some creativity, and just a little bit of skill and knowledge can go a long way. I made a bike, and it rides great. This was a build, mainly, for the Coaster Brake Challenge that goes on out...
  13. Ratpick

Need to find tandem crankset/arm

I bought a Santana tandem a few months ago. It's pretty good, except- the front crankset, captain's, needs a new right side arm. I'd take just one or buy a whole captains crankset. My lbs tried to find one for me but they were out or something then I never heard back. I've been looking a little...
  14. Ratpick

Coaster Brake Challenge #7

No chance you'll post the route for this next race? Come on, please A little pre-run isn't too much advantage. Maybe more racers will come out too.
  15. Ratpick

What no more hype for this?! Race time around the corner! Anyone else in the area that wants a good excuse to go ride a classic bike hard, this is it! Put some straight bars, knobbies and a smaller sprocket on that old beach cruiser and come on.
  16. Ratpick

Waaawaaawaaa! Maybe if we all cry enough Paul will at least move-back start time of 1st race, which is on January 1st! New Years Eve isn't moving!
  17. Ratpick

Coaster Brake Challenge #5

Why so few posts for this?! This is awesome! Of course the front brake will come off for Sunday, but the bike is all good! As for me? Three weeks of rigorous preparation has insured a crushing victory. Week 1- sit inside while it rains a lot on so-cal, very little physical activity. Week...
  18. Ratpick

Simple cleanup gone awry- Cutting Holes!

Did a lil finish work and laid down some primer. Spent about 45 min smoothing radius around all the holes, and it only took about 30 min of swapping parts between dremels until I had one that would run!
  19. Ratpick

Pee Wee Herman X1 Replica

"I remember... the Alamo." I just watched this movie again a couple days ago (for the umpteenth time) and it's so awesome! A lot of people have given praise on this replica so far- and I will too!! Great job! Not only on the exquisite detail and hard work you put into building this, but also...
  20. Ratpick

Simple cleanup gone awry- Cutting Holes!

Right on Flemrasm. Now that I've done this one I already want to do another, on a steel frame and put holes all through it. Well, I guess I'm not done with this one just yet. Still need to prep for paint. Just so you can see where this started, here's some pics from last Coaster Brake Challenge...
Back