Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. beatcad

1947 columbia/tribune

SOLD- heading to texas. thanks brett
  2. beatcad

turnpike bike

i went for a ride on the abandoned PA turnpike last weekend. i wanted to take my skinny schwinn but i'd seen pix of the road and its old and cracked and unmaintained. so i took one of my balloon tire bikes. now we're planning to go back next spring and i want to build another bike that will be...
  3. beatcad

abandoned PA turnpike

if i can figure out how to transfer pix from my phone to the computer id show some pix. until than you can google image the title of this thread. before i started this thread i did search first and it seems it's only come up a couple times. my pal heard about this old road and was hot to ride...
  4. beatcad

his & hers higgys

hello friends. i havent posted in a long time because i've been mostly working on motorsickles. last summer a co-worker asked me to fix up these bikes. theyve been in my backyard for so long and she never gave me a dime. about a month ago she moved onto another gig. she never asked me if i will...
  5. beatcad

garage beer tip

yeah, I know steve said to lay off the beer talk, but this might count 'cause it's recycling :lol: next time you gotta rebuild a head tube or bottom bracket and you're packing bearings tear open an empty 12 pack to keep yer workbench a little cleaner. if you're a younger member ask yer dad for...
  6. beatcad

2 bike stand and a ??

i've been looking fo an affordable stand to clear up a little floor space in the garage, well i found one on CL and went to pick it up after work yesterday. after i pay the guy and a little small talk we're walking out to my van and i see way out in the back yard a rear wheel & rack poking out...
  7. beatcad

feedback obsevation

maybe this belongs in the "forum talk" section. if so please feel free to move it guys(mods) i found this funny(ha ha funny)a while ago. is it just me or do all y'all check the feedback of guys you mite do business w/ or double check the guys you bought/sold/traded w/ in the past and look at...
  8. beatcad

tool box show&tell

yeah, i'm a big fan/voyeur of tool boxes. we all have in common here bicycles. next we need tools to work on them. than we need a place to store those tools. so show yer tool boxes. big, little,pricey,cheap, old,new, hand-me-down. whatcha got? i'll start. this is my main box. had it for about 10...
  9. beatcad

day tripper

so ive been wanting a nice road bike for awhile now. nothing to high end, but not cheap junk :roll: a few weeks ago my friend gave me this 80s peugeot. the wheels didnt match, so i swipped a pair of campy wheels off my atala. than after about 200 buck into it(tires/tubes/shift...
  10. beatcad

cool bike. whats it's name?

so a couple weeks ago i was at a bike shop and there was this bike i was diggin. i didnt get to get a real close look 'cause some other guy was checkin it out and took it for a spin. anyhow it was all black. single speed freewheel. front and rear brakes set up w/ a little rise bar. kinda look...
  11. beatcad

BLOODY MARY MORNING

heres my build. a mid 30s elgin. i wish i could pinpoint the year. i'm thinkin' 36. this is how i got it a little more than a year ago. i've been workin on other stuff and been waitin for time or motivation to build this. aint better motivation than a bunch of other knuckleheads buildin' bikes...
  12. beatcad

1 vrs 3 piece crank question?

yes i did search 1st so please dont grille me :P so what is the deal? i know both have been around forever but what is the advantage between the 2? i might think the 3 piece might be stronger. modern alum ones of course are lighter, but old steel cottered cranks can't be. 1 piece cheaper to...
  13. beatcad

skyway mag help

hey guys. i dunno if this should be in the tech section...yeah, i bet it should :P i've been wanting a 20" mag wheel coaster brake for a future project and today i scored an 80s skyway mag. super cheap 'cause it's black and its partially painted(overspray)red. my question is what can i use to...
  14. beatcad

last weekends haul

this was a buzy weekend. hauled home 3 bikes sat and 4 sun. one i mite keep for my lovely wife but the rest will get stripped and parted out.. a few parts i want and and i think my pal deorman wants. the rest? i mite put up for sale. i dunno.
  15. beatcad

Snow + zappa

So were getting our first but not serious snow. my wife beeps me and says our dog needs to piddle. I take him out and when we come inside of course I say watch out where the puppies go,don't you eat the yellow snow. she laughed and I told he I paraphrased Zappa(mothers of invention) I love my...
  16. beatcad

fixed skip hub???

i grabbed this from ebay. the seller listed it as a track hub but i dunno. i think it's just an old hub,you know, befor coaster brakes were invented. i cant find any markings, well maybe one little stamped O or C i really dont know what i'm gonna do w/ it but i do want to put it on something any...
  17. beatcad

the devil made me do it!

found this wheelset on local CL(well a few towns over, 45 mins away) 70s campagnolo record track hubs. i believe i paid more for these 2 wheels than i've ever paid for a whole bike :lol: but dang theyre nice. a little polish and they'lle shine like a new penny. what will i do w/ 'em? dunno yet...
  18. beatcad

big swap meet in MD

i know this is over a month away, but y'all can put it on yer calender. http://www.stopswapandsave.com/
  19. beatcad

beatcads tip of the month

ive tossed out a few bike/shop tips over the last few years but i cant find 'em now, so ill start a new thread and post one now and another soon enough :lol: next time yer wrapin' yer roadie/fixie bar and have some bar wrap left over dont throw it away. maybe a handle grip on yer body hammer...
  20. beatcad

camel back frames

did a search and theres no dedicated thread to just these frames. you, know. like a regular diamond frame but the top tube is curved(humped) i've built a couple and will be building another soon, and i'm on the lookout for another. so, what have you guys got?
Back