Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. beatcad

1947 columbia/tribune

SOLD- heading to texas. thanks brett
  2. beatcad

Iver Johnson Mobicycle build

i dig it the most
  3. beatcad

How to protect your steel from rust during a project?

whenever i have something sand/media blasted or stripped i clean and coat it w/ a spray can of self etch primer right away. i used to buy the $20 a can 3M stuff but now i just use the $5 a can duplicolor stuff. its a light green. it works fine as long as you wipe down the bare metal w/ a good...
  4. beatcad

1962 Schwinn American

does that plate say bawlmore? awesome!
  5. beatcad

turnpike bike

nah, i aint worried. it's steel. it's still pretty stout....i think:grin:
  6. beatcad

turnpike bike

yesterday i decided to lighten up the seatpost. i just eyeballed it. sorry no before or during pix. center punched, pilot holes drilled, bigger holes drilled, than holes beveled. than polished. took maybe 2 hours.
  7. beatcad

turnpike bike

today i worked on modifying fasteners on my motorcycle and truck and than tried to fit an old chain to this bike..that aint gonna work. the only $ left to put into this bike is a chain and bar wrap. and how to paint the frame. so i just polished the crank/BB hardware. i forgot where i got this...
  8. beatcad

turnpike bike

ok, so. i should've stopped drinking and callled it a day, but noooo.... i decided speed holes was the way to go. sure i'd normally measure and lay he holes out just right, but i thought id just freehand 'em like they did in the old days. besides, this aint a show bike. its a GO bike! yes, i'm...
  9. beatcad

turnpike bike

at this point the sun was going down and i had to much to drink so i just cut off the inner crank mount holes.
  10. beatcad

turnpike bike

than i thought i'd try to freehand some engine turning...i aint happy w/ it.
  11. beatcad

turnpike bike

to replace the crank i dug this shimano out of my parts bin and an orig 8 chainring. ive heard of removing anodizing w/ oven cleaner. but i was impatient and just used a fine wire wheel. the wire wheel will make the alum look very dull, but a little more time polishing will make 'em look good
  12. beatcad

turnpike bike

next spring bro. its to dang cold now
  13. beatcad

turnpike bike

heres what i did today. buffed/polished the brakes & stem
  14. beatcad

turnpike bike

a couple weeks ago i bought some tubes, tires, and rim strips.
  15. beatcad

turnpike bike

i havent given up on this bike. i've just been busy w/ motorpickles. earlier this summer i decided the lightening hole crank assy would look better on my other schwinn camelback.
  16. beatcad

ace of spades adult bmx

you had me at ace of spades:rockout:
  17. beatcad

Best classic-looking saddle for <$75?

i bought new and put one of these persons on a bike. its not as nice a a brooks, but not bad at all. http://www.permaco.com/en-us/dept_7.html
  18. beatcad

turnpike bike

heres what i did yesterday. i done speed/lightening holes in car & motorcycle parts before but never on a bike. if you want to kill some time seach google images for drillium. this is my first time so be easy on me. it took about 5 hours. i bolted the chainring to a chunk of wood to find the...
  19. beatcad

turnpike bike

i dont know why that pic of the sugino crank w/ the origin 8 chainring went away. but here it is again just to show the before pic of what i did today. pix tomorrow
  20. beatcad

turnpike bike

last week when i discovered i couldnt use the cool MAFAC racer brakes i wanted to use i decided not to use other "cool" parts i've been hoarding for just the right bike....like a cool old shimano crank assy. i decided to use this one i kept from another bike i stripped. not as cool but it'll...
Back