Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

Ok.. haven't posted anything in a really long time.. but I have not quit this build. I'm probably not going to make the deadline.. but I am going to finish. Still working with the space monkey theme. Still want to convert it to a single speed. Got slowed down by school, work, and playing...
  2. Desert_Demon

For Fun - Thrift Store Find

Hola peoples, I thought some of you might like to see this .. maybe it might inspire some of you. I found a 20" bike at the thrift store when I was looking for bike parts. It is called a space star by Woolco.. distributed by Woolworth's. Got it for $3.00 so.. it will be a project for a later date.
  3. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

Yesterday I finished sanding the forks on the bike. Used a combination of a wire brush on a drill, a palm sander, and my sandblaster for the hard to get areas. 1 hour. Finished about half of the bike today using the same method. 1hour. Bought a Wald front rack from a private individual...
  4. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

Alright.. found some blasting media. I read in another thread that Harbor Freight Tools was a good place to go for blasting media. At Harbor Freight Tools they had walnut shells, glass beads, aluminum oxide, etc in 50 pound bags. Cost was $40.00 for a 50 pound bag of glass beads. Sears could not...
  5. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

Having a hard time finding blasting media at sears.. not really sure why since they have it listed in their catalog. That is where I bought my sandblaster in the first place. I don't want to have the blasting media shipped to my house because it will cost $54.00 in shipping. They should be able...
  6. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

I started getting impatient with sanding the frame by hand. I hate chemical paint strippers and other toxics. Don't want to be woken up in the middle of the night by my glowing hands. :shock: So... I went out and bought a sandblaster to finish removing the paint from the frame. I hope it...
  7. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

Price List for Project: Girls Huffy Mountain Bike w/o seat: (outside rotting): Worth about $30.00 (1) Krylon Indoor/Outdoor White Primer: $2.97 (more to come) (2) Tires Solid Black - Bell 26" Mountain Bike Tires: (New) $12.97 (2) Solid Inner Tubes: (On hand for another bike): (Still New) $19.48...
  8. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

Bike disassembled as of -10-2009. What ended up in the trash. The crappy chainguard.. it is really flimsy.. will either make a new one of find a better one. The metal is really thin and the guard itself if bent. Solid innertube so the bike tires don't go flat. No air involved .. just...
  9. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

:?: Not sure if I will use ape hangars or not.. we will see how the build goes as far as money and time :?: I assumed that Able was a male when I first read all the information.. but it seems that able was a female monkey.. I will read up a little more to make sure. I have decided to use a...
  10. Desert_Demon

Able & Bakers Space Sled

Kind of funny but, I have decided to put in an entry as a tribute to Able and Miss Baker. Some of our earliest astronauts that helped further our space program. Without them.. we would not have made it to the moon;) anyways.. this will be a homemade project.. not going to spend a lot of money...
  11. Desert_Demon

VOTE HERE! - RRBBO3

:D loved all of the entries for the build off! :D I'm in for the next build. Took me over a half hour to make up my mind.. but I gotta give it to Madd Hammer, Snake Farm, and my favorite Mission Accomplished. Good use of ammo cans :idea:
Back