Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

SOLD 1960's Spaceliner all original & all there. tank, lights reflectors in good shape $160

Yeah, wife is not going for it right now. Bummer too cause it's awesome.
  2. J

Can't find a comfortable seat

Yeah that sucks, I've bought a lot of stuff online and have had mostly good experiences but with much due diligence.
  3. J

SOLD 1960's Spaceliner all original & all there. tank, lights reflectors in good shape $160

Wow! I would love to get that for my wife and daughter. Would you be interested in shipping it. Probably cost too much but I have to ask.
  4. J

Can't find a comfortable seat

eBay and Amazon have them.
  5. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

Been a bit since I posted an update on the DYNO. Still not finished but close!
  6. J

Balloon tire fixie upgrade

Ugg, I feel like such a hack now but a 2x4 through the frame and strap/clamp the bike to a workbench and pry, flip and repeat. Little bits at a time and string the frame to make sure I keep it straight but that's how I've been doing it.
  7. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

Better shot of the shifter!
  8. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

Suitable shifter found! Here's where I'm at with the Dyno now. Still not finished though, waiting for more parts, it's getting closer though. Definitely has been fun putting this together so far. Really it's been a stress reliever, at least when I wasn't screwing things up! First initial ride I...
  9. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

Ok here's where I'm at with it now. Next step is finding a suitable shifter.
  10. J

Coaster Brake Challenge 25

As soon as I found the coaster brake challenge it went on my list of must do. I'm gonna get a bike together and try to get something local going, I know a perfect road here. Now to find some vict ummm, I mean challengers!
  11. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

My bars came in today I can't show you all yet, waiting for my intern seat to show up first. I will say that I am very happy with what I found.
  12. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

Wheels arrived yesterday, so I mounted up the tires and mocked up a bit. Got a little clear weather today so I was able to get outside and get a little teaser shot! I'm pretty pleased with where this is heading so far.
  13. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

So while we are on the subject of cranks. What about width? I'm not taking about bottom bracket width but between the pedals. Are all the ashtabula cranks the same? I'm thinking not but I really don't know.
  14. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

I'll take em!
  15. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

That's an interesting set up, I hadn't seen one of those yet.
  16. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

No I just got the bare frame and fork so far. Should I convert to 3 piece cranks?
  17. J

Home made leather bike tool bag

Wow, so nice! Reminds me of when my grandma used to be into leather working when I was little. I was just looking at tool bags a couple of days ago too! Maybe....... nah better not, I got too many rabbit holes open as it is. Live long our brothers do, in our hearts, by our hands A fleeting...
  18. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

My frame showed up today! I was able to check out the dimensions and get a headset ordered. Was exactly what size I thought it would be but I'm learning to slow my roll ordering parts on assumptions.
  19. J

Hello from Fort Bragg California

I might just do that. I'm waiting for tires to arrive for the final tear down/ rebuild. I actually have three different builds going on right now. Got caught up in the madness!!!
  20. J

GT Dyno cruiser build

Thanks, I am hoping it comes together nicely. I've been looking at Dyno/GT parts till my head hurts. The fork is a Sunlite Deluxe model, seems pretty nice although I'm going to have to do a little work to it to get it working smoothly. My Sportsman's Flyer is the lightweight version with the...
Back