Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Profile crank/sprocket install problems help ( on old Schwinn DX )

I'm attempting to install this Profile RHD RACE CRANKSET and Bolt on Profile sprocket. I spoke to a rep at Profile and I'm pretty sure I purchased the correct parts and length spindle for my DX frame. I used the AMERICAN “HOP UP” BOTTOM BRACKET(19MM & 22MM) from Profile. 1- Do I have the spacer...
  2. S

BB adapter choices/ suggestions

I know this is a newb question and Ive been clicking around the past few days here and on all the BMX manufactures' sites. What are my choices for converting this 49DX BB over to be able to use a cool CNC'd crank set from company's like Profile/ etc? I understand when doing these conversions for...
  3. S

What fork/shocks to look for for a 49' DX Klunker project and other thoughts for a newb

Ive been google searching and reading posts for the last couple of days and have some ideas but Id like to hear from you'all to get me going a little further. I'm new to the retsoration / ratrod hobby but have been an avid mountain biker for 6 years now and ride a modern full sus 160 travel and...
  4. S

Black '63 Typhoon build / suggestions ?!

CL find, have broken it down, overhauled the hubs. Trying to decide how to rebuild. Do I repaint...., but the logos are still nice? I really don't want to do a complete "restore to original". Id rather just make it look cool and ride nice. The frame and fender paint is mostly good, so I could...
  5. S

Avid Mountainbiker from Frederick, Md. bitten by the Rat Rod / vintage bug

Wsup all, I guess it all started in the 70s for me. Born in '65 parents bought me a Yamaha 60cc motorcycle in '73 to dirt bike with them. Always had a BMX bike , ( that started off as a Stingray and was converted ! Geez I wish I could find pics of that! ) . Then a hiatus from bikes- 80s /...
Back