Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Bubbles. Hack n' slash 80's Raleigh

After a fairly long brake, I started on a new project. Had a skip find, well 2 really, an early 70's Raleigh ladies bike and an early 80's one. The 70's one was snapped up by me mum. And I was gonna sell the 80's one, but the more I looked at it the less I could be bothered to do it up so I...
  2. S

Who woodn't

I guess this wood count as a scratch build, or at least a splinter build. Today I started on a wooden build, kinda along the lines of a burrito. Building another burrito has always been an idea of mine, but no access to a welder put a stop to it, hence the wood. I am a bit of a hoarder, and over...
  3. S

Earwig

after my burrito build (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16861&p=184636&hilit=i+dont+i+dont+wanna#p184636) I was left with a few leftover parts I left them in the garden for a while (give me some time to psyche my self up to dump them) but recently I started a new build with the bits, hey I cant let some...
  4. S

Stencils

any cool stencils you have kicking around, got an idea in my noggin for a paintjob and i need more stencil ideas any help much appreciated
  5. S

old school motorised bikes

again from Beaulieu (http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu/index) got some pictures of some motorised bikes, just thought you guys may want to see some of the weirder ones this has a 222cc engine mounted inside the rear wheel, or front wheel (depends which end you put it in) i thought id...
  6. S

first (almost) proper rat, the Cruise Missile

got a free stingray stylee frame off a mate, on one condition that i put longer forks in so well there you go, not in the correct colours but i like purple and pink, i hope to change the chainguard for a nicer chrome one it rides ok but likes to get a mean speed wobble on, i mean really...
  7. S

Mean little car from beaulieu motor museum

went to the national motor museum in Beaulieu (in the UK (new forest) http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu/index) there was this cool little car there (amongst many others) and it kinda reminded me of the old hot rods in the US well here you go, shes called Bloody Mary and was made in 1929...
  8. S

Wheelchair tyres

Has anybody had any experience in using wheelchair tyres on bicycle rims I found a load on-line in 26 1 3/8 and 24 13/8 sizes and thought they may be a cheaper alternative to buying the correct ones? Thanks Sam
  9. S

Smoking brake

coming down a big ol hill after riding some dh today, was giving someone (a very trusting friend) a lift down the hill got the brakes on trying to slow 20+stone down on cable operated discs :? my friend on another bike starts yelling about a fire so i ignored him go to the bottom, blued...
  10. S

i dont wanna eat burritos

or read about O.J anywho started my burrito build a few days ago, went up the dump and got me a nice steel donor bike, but i forgot to take a photo before the strip :( it was in pretty poor condition, the BB is stuck in but that dont matter because i have a plan i then proceeded to cut it up...
  11. S

el pequeño burrito

i didnt really know where to put this, so i followed the boss mans lead :) next to the rat Mercedes to give you an idea of scale i put it next to a normal size hot wheels (the only american coin i have is a dime :lol:) once again next to the Mercedes, this time with the longboard...
  12. S

hide the cable

today i played hide the brake cable, i was surprised how easy it was to drill the frame and pass the cable through only had a hand-drill (mechanical) to drill the holes i thought i turned out preety nice for a 1st try i guess its the gear cable next i urge anyone to try it, looks good and is...
  13. S

Slowrider

i got this horrible mtb frame for free the other day tried to make a rear wheel steer, this angered me so i got the saw out and decided to "lower" it it went from this: yuk ugly mass produced poop to this, with about 10 mins thought and an hour with the hacksaw, the same with the file and...
  14. S

Whats your most ridden bike?

i have been riding this one the most over the last month or so it been out in mud, snow and rain, yet to encounter the dust in the summer it in bits though atm. she runs a 3 speed SA dynohub in a 26"mtb wheel, just enough gears to keep a singlespeed from feeling too guilty
  15. S

19 today!

19 as of today im in england so i can legally do everything anyway so its no milestone but only 2 more years till i can drink in the US
  16. S

"artic" conditions in the UK

OK i thought some of you guys up in the cold bits of america may wanna have a giggle http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7865159.stm although london was like the video where i am i got this curse the warmer sub-climate of the Isle Of Wight
  17. S

Anybody into prog rock?

you know Yes, Genesis, E,L&P, Procol Harum, Van Der Graaf Generator, Mike Oldfield etc i hope im not the only one
  18. S

the others

the MTN bike a DMR Trialstar, singlespeed, Gusset jury forks all cro-mo the BMX an old 90's Mongoose Villain, weighs a bleeding tonne, trying to learn flatland on it, it aint an easy thing theyre the other bikes, the other stuff is just all wierdos/freaks and rats
  19. S

Shop Rat

started with a £5 bike, in total the build cost £20 inclusive of buying the bike rides quite nice the idea is to let is rust out over time to get it really grotty looking.
  20. S

UK Vintage BMX

check this lil baby out! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Skyway-Streetbeat ... 240%3A1318
Back