Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. S

Bubbles. Hack n' slash 80's Raleigh

Right we had a break in the weather, so got some better photos, except the layback post. I had to remove the reflector unfortunately as the fender hits the ground fairly regularly 8) the bolt that holds it on catches the tire and is a worryingly effective break :shock: It has a pretty...
  2. S

Finally got some more done on it today, frame is welded, looks like the local pigeon has been in residence in some places but its nothing the grinder wont sort :wink: Have made a tail dragger fender for it and done a rack, the weather is too bad to get it outside and the garage too cramped...
  3. S

Better than the burrito then thats a dislocation to steer, get bruises on ya chest when you pedal too :D
  4. S

It will be getting a bannana seat, not a lot of choice in the collection, either gunna be a rusty one or a pink fluffy one, might get a leopard print one, too many choices.
  5. S

As luck would have (or not) it there is not a particularly large police presence in my area and the local plod is a very infrequent visitor. Tbh their usually busy driving round looking for someone with a partially obscured numberplate or a brake light out whilst doing there best to ignore the...
  6. S

After a fairly long brake, I started on a new project. Had a skip find, well 2 really, an early 70's Raleigh ladies bike and an early 80's one. The 70's one was snapped up by me mum. And I was gonna sell the 80's one, but the more I looked at it the less I could be bothered to do it up so I...
  7. S

Who woodn't

resurrection of the post, in answer to boris, nothing has happened. a bit of it nearly got donated to fix the shed the progress stopped as i moved house so its still a bit hectic atm, although it was before christmas i'll give you some more updates when i re-start
  8. S

Who woodn't

Cheers for all the positive feedback!, the work has ground to a halt atm. Been a bit busy and the weather is against me, its just coming into autumn (fall) and is raining quite a bit. It should pick up again after Christmas, if not before (hopefully) Finish wise, i'm not sure, i was thinking of...
  9. S

Rock Shox fork help

just to throw a spanner in the works, there is also a 11/8 threaded steerer tube too, the only time i have ever seen these however are on modern low end "mtbs"
  10. S

Nexus 3 speed wont stick 3rd... HELP

I've never used a nexus hub but I have done a fair bit with sturmeys, a sachs and older shimano (non nexus). I always set the gear that requires the cable to be fully tensioned first and then the others fall in line, with an SA hub the full cable tension is gear 1, the lowest, so i set the...
  11. S

My custom bike

I like that, looks a well cool frame
  12. S

Who woodn't

Only did a bit today as I had to work, I glued up the headtube and done a step by step. I got all the bits for the headtube cut yesterday and half of it assembled, I also drilled the holes ready for pinning too, so this is just assembly. Glued it up and attached the big bit, hammered the...
  13. S

Who woodn't

OK got busy again on the old woodchop I started today by getting the rear end ready to mount Clamped it up to get the angle right and set the ground clearance/stance, then i drilled the holes for the pegs After I worked out the mounts and drilled the peg holes I decided to add some...
  14. S

Who woodn't

I do have an idea, my plan is to drill a 11/8" holes in a plank and make a laminate out of it, this way i can make a head-tube length that is compatible with my forks, 11/8" is the size of the bit that fits in the frame of the headset cup so I'll put a normal headset in but just hide it in a...
  15. S

Who woodn't

I guess this wood count as a scratch build, or at least a splinter build. Today I started on a wooden build, kinda along the lines of a burrito. Building another burrito has always been an idea of mine, but no access to a welder put a stop to it, hence the wood. I am a bit of a hoarder, and over...
  16. S

LETS SEE SOME LOWRIDERS!!!

my burrito fun bike to ride nice n' flexy, no need for suspension
  17. S

"Nuke" Pics Air Ride IFS

that looks insane, awesome build are you going to bag the back too? go for the full lowrider look :mrgreen:
  18. S

The 1890's Bike Destruction Riding Pics added

Re: The 1890's Bike Destruction gonna look cool, sir Uncle of Stretchingham, like a tall burrito. sorry about giving you a knighthood, couldnt resist it though :lol:
  19. S

Earwig

after my burrito build (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=16861&p=184636&hilit=i+dont+i+dont+wanna#p184636) I was left with a few leftover parts I left them in the garden for a while (give me some time to psyche my self up to dump them) but recently I started a new build with the bits, hey I cant let some...
  20. S

Maytag Revival

i reckon that that would look so cool and sporty without the mudguards i love the bars and the seat and the frame looks mad cool, loving the top tube bend cant wait to see it done
Back