Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Jay Moore

can this seat's stains be removed?

got this mooneyes seat and it would be mint if not for the discoloring. i am not happy with this seat. the pics didn't show imperfections when i bought it. the chrome is perfect, and no ware or tear at all. if not for the color this could pass off as nos. seat cover is vinyl. don't want to use...
  2. Jay Moore

restoring a custom chopper

picked this chopper up a few weeks back. the back rim was bent and the forks also were bent. even though the forks and rim were bent, still rode great. i basically traded a nice old school style skateboard for it. i really got it just to flip. but then i got it dialed in enough to put a few...
  3. Jay Moore

96 Dyno Coaster find.

bought this off craig's list today. didn't know what it was other then a cool looking stretch. guy didn't know or care what he had. said it was won in a raffle a decade ago and has sat since. this bike's tires rotted off. but seat was still very nice. i would be shocked if this bike was ever...
  4. Jay Moore

what is this schwinn worth?

i know it is in ruff shape and missing original parts but kind of hard to pin point a value when the prices are all over the place. it is a november 1963 schwinn stingray deluxe. it is my brother's bike and money is very tight and this bike is just sitting. its not for sale right now but if it...
  5. Jay Moore

indian chief

after a very long time i have decided what theme i'm going with. i have most of the body work done at this point. will be cutting the forks down about 2 inches to level out the ride. i have a 7 speed nexus for it. SE bmx 3 piece cranks and some nos dyno pedals that i changed the axles from 1/2...
  6. Jay Moore

restored redline 24

i have not had a bmx bike since 2002. and i have been dying to start riding again. i have been building vintage cruisers and stretched cruisers. been real broke as of late so getting a bike was not looking to happen. but i had some old dyno parts that i had been holding on to. this guy wanted...
  7. Jay Moore

schwinn wheel question.

got this 1963 schwinn stingray and yes it is a real 1963 stingray. the forks were replaced in the mid to late 60s and i think the front rim was replaced as well. i can only find an nn on the rear rim but it does have a bendix hub. i know s-2 rims were on schwinn, i just don't know were to find...
  8. Jay Moore

any know what brand this trike is?

my brother just picked this up for real cheap. been painted with house paint and looks to me like a 10 speed front end. the trike part is going to be used with a different frame. i have no idea what brand it is. and help would be cool.
  9. Jay Moore

easy ape hanger fix

i saw a few people having problems with ape hangers stripping out on another site and saw they would weld them to the stem as a fix. i was surprised no one had ever tried this old school bmx fix. i stripped many handlebars in the 80s and early mid 90s. take a soda can cut the top and bottom off...
  10. Jay Moore

came up on an old schwinn today

i know you guys on here like the older bikes so here is what i came up on today. was cleaning out the in-laws garage and found this forgotten little gem. and by forgotten i mean they didn't remember having it. it has been sitting in the same spot since the late 70s. from the serial number its...
  11. Jay Moore

a very slow build

by slow build i mean slow. i'm waiting for my boss to take a few days off. my work is somewhat ok with working on personal projects but over the years i kind of abused that privilege. i will be building an aluminum frame to keep weight down. lucky for me my shop doesn't throw scrap aluminum...
  12. Jay Moore

here are a few of my bikes from over the past couple years

here are the ones i took pics of. at one point my garage was so full of bikes that i got a notice from the leasing office. had to get rid most of them. then i got a notice for the bondo and paint smell, so i had to close shop. sold a few to my brother so they stayed in the family. i don't...
  13. Jay Moore

a few builds from Krusty Kustoms.

first the dyno roadster. it is a 1999 roadster, fiberglass tank 24x3 wheels front and back with nexus 3 speed hub, just bought some gt show crank arms that is going with a dk sprocket and nos dyno pedals that i'm swapping axles to 9/16. this is a long time build. next is a phat stretch...
  14. Jay Moore

any one ever try this bare metal trick?

so i was talking to my powder coat guy about doing some chrome powder coat. he told not to go that rout with him. the chrome just does not look very good. i thought it was cool that he was not trying to sell me some thing i wouldn't like. it turns out he restores old schwinns so we talked for a...
  15. Jay Moore

smut peddler back again

hello every one i'm back again from a long lay off. my wife got very sick and almost died. she had a 10% chance to live. and she was out of work for a long time. so i had to sell most of my toys to make rent and other bills. so if you tryed to get a hold of me for parts from craigslist, i'm very...
  16. Jay Moore

dyno rebuild (now with fiberglass tank)

i have had this dyno for about 4 years now. and in that time it has many changes. i put the electra rims on it and will put a jocky shifter on it. the rims are not that great. they have sat for a few years, so the checkered rear rim's paint is cracked. the nipples are rusty and the front rim has...
  17. Jay Moore

orange county bicycle swap meet

its free to sell there 6 am to 12 pm heres the link http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bik/2406015807.html
  18. Jay Moore

long beach motorcycle and bicycle swap meet

Long Beach Veterans Stadium may 22. lots of bicycle parts from old to new. be there at sun rise for the best deals.
  19. Jay Moore

DC CRUISER

i had this bike in the bike builds under the name drag queen but never really did any thing. i'm changing the name to my girfriends initials (it's her bike) and entering it in to the build off. i'm going to the long beach motorcycle and bicycle swapmeet next week to pick up a few things and...
  20. Jay Moore

rub on tattoos

has any one used rub on tattoos for graphics? i'm doing my chicks bike and i found some cool rub on tattoos that would go great on the tank and fenders. but i don't know how they would react to clear coat. has any one tried this? i thought the rub on tats would be good because it would be more...
Back