Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Jay Moore

Dyno help. Am I seeing things?

dyno only stamped a year code for the first few years. 95,96,97,98. and they started with with a yc for year code. wy started in 99. i have seen first run deuce and motoglides not have a gusset. and the d stamp on the rear drop out is for deuce. as that is the only model i remember seeing it on...
  2. Jay Moore

DYNO

i think just on the taxi. i have seen them say taxi and i have seen them just say glide deluxe. the ones that say glide deluxe came in yellow and white. most taxis i have seen were 24 inch. dyno only made 3 mens frames. the moto glide, the glide and the roadster. moto glide is also the deuce...
  3. Jay Moore

Dyno Bike pics

i do come across dyno roadsters often. just sold a 1997 dyno roadster 3 days ago. here is the tank. he has a couple left but when they are gone they are gone. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dyno-bicycle-tank-/332108975852?hash=item4d533cceec:g:Ho4AAOSwJQdXAWOM
  4. Jay Moore

Dyno Bike pics

if your asking me the answer is no sorry. building this for me.
  5. Jay Moore

Dyno Bike pics

here is my newest dyno. 1997 first gen roadster. it was in sad shape. been hording parts for a ground up build. still have lots left to do, but i ride it every day now to and from work.
  6. Jay Moore

26 x 2.3 or 26 x 2.4 tires on stock rims?

you should be fine mounting the tire, but check the width of the hubs. if you have the rims you are using on the bike now, measure the space between the chain and tire. then factor in the width of the tire your looking to get. also check the space between the stock tire and rear frame. i have...
  7. Jay Moore

can this seat's stains be removed?

got this mooneyes seat and it would be mint if not for the discoloring. i am not happy with this seat. the pics didn't show imperfections when i bought it. the chrome is perfect, and no ware or tear at all. if not for the color this could pass off as nos. seat cover is vinyl. don't want to use...
  8. Jay Moore

Dyno Bike pics

with out seeing it i'm going to guess it is the black deuce(most common). i see the newer ones with the 24x3 rear wheel sell for a little more then the 26 inch model. were i live, they sell between $125-250. the ones asking for more never sell. if your planing on selling it then i would leave it...
  9. Jay Moore

Dyno Bike pics

were do you live and how much are you willing to pay?
  10. Jay Moore

Dyno Bike pics

6my latest dyno. first gen 1997 roadster. it had no seat, or grips. the wheels were rusted out. swapped out the wheels and cranks. put a seat on a some billet grips. i ride it to work every day now. got a nexus 7 speed thats going on it next.
  11. Jay Moore

Help me with info on this bike. Alfa Centauri

try to contact Alfa Bikes. they are a dutch bicycle company that is still in business. i would think there is a line of these bikes. looking at the other 2(the silver one and blue one) your chain guard and rear rack are different and your bike doesn't have that cylinder on the top of the bottom...
  12. Jay Moore

Mountain Bike Frames???

this started life out as mountain bike
  13. Jay Moore

Tripple tree modification?

no one makes replacement triple clamp steer tubes. he would have to make his own and need the right clamp, die set and hydraulic press to get a factory tight fit. or use the one from the other forks, but that means destroying one clamp and one head tube. and if that doesn't work then your out 2...
  14. Jay Moore

Tripple tree modification?

my question, is did check to see if the wide wheel will fit on your frame? most frames only hold up to a 3 inch wide max. Ruff Cycles makes a 1 1/8 wide triple clamp. but that wont work on your head tube. removing the 1 inch steer involves way too much risk of destroying the clamp. if both sets...
  15. Jay Moore

What is this?

look up the Sears Spider 5. that could be your bike
  16. Jay Moore

How to save stripped stem and bars knurling

http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/ape-hangers-on-electra-townie.93571/#post-932892 been doing the can hack for years
  17. Jay Moore

OK Klunkerz Bike Club

if your end game is quality over quantity, my advice would be join a existing club as a nomad. do research and find a club that best represents you. network with those members, build up a relationship with that club and prospect. it takes time to get into to right. that is what i did and it...
  18. Jay Moore

restoring a custom chopper

picked this chopper up a few weeks back. the back rim was bent and the forks also were bent. even though the forks and rim were bent, still rode great. i basically traded a nice old school style skateboard for it. i really got it just to flip. but then i got it dialed in enough to put a few...
  19. Jay Moore

Dyno Bike pics

the d stamp ran from 95-04. the KK stamp was 04-06. YRC started the serial numbers for the first 3 years of Dyno. believe the next batch of serial numbers started with W in 98. after that no one really knows.
  20. Jay Moore

Shipping a frame

Now here's the point of discussion that others have brought up in the past about Bike Flights. I think that they are able to offer reduced pricing through FedEx because you don't get FedEx insurance if you go through Bike Flights. I think they have some kind of agreement going where they get...
Back