Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. R

team X,,, XO1

Thanks Gerry. I am no technician, just an artist with selective patience. Rick...
  2. R

team X,,, XO1

F@#$%ed Up Beyond All Repair.....Yep. those GI's gave us quite a few great little bits of slang. I guess when you spend weeks on end laying in a muddy fox hole waiting to spend more weeks in a muddy fox hole you have the time to finess the language to suit the emediate populations attitude. Rick...
  3. R

team X,,, XO1

Well my camera is still fighting me. I had a friend come over and take some pictures but since then we have been playing phone tag. The machine is ready and can be seen on Thurs. the 4th at around 6pm at The Alki Tavern. Then of course at Goldies on airport way on the following Sunday during the...
  4. R

team X,,, XO1

Sorry folks but my camera is on the fritz. You will have to wait till we get to the Alki tavern to see the finished machine. Rick...
  5. R

Mad Hammer... Better late than never

I want to get my machine on a scale but cant find one big enough. I may need to take her to a hwy. weight station..... Sounds like you were taking your life into your own hands on that test ride. I took the XO1 down the biggest hill in the neighborhood and thought I might not make the stop at...
  6. R

Any idea what's wrong here? Pedals/crank slipping?

If, when you say skipped you mean the chain hopped off the chain ring or rear cog then the first thing that comes to mind is chain tension, or perhaps a bent chain ring or damaged tooth. But it can be something like a loose pedal which can tend to feel like a slipping rear end at times. The...
  7. R

bike Build off 2008 Seattle Wa.

I take it that period clothing is still the order of the day on the 4th. Rick...
  8. R

team X,,, XO1

The all important fire control panel.
  9. R

team X,,, XO1

Still more details.
  10. R

team X,,, XO1

Where can a guy get his hands on some of those decals? I am an artist and have drawn the graphics for the Cyclone decals but have not seen the smaller crest decal or the small ribbon one. I seem to have misplaced the pictures of the Cyclone but will look again and try to send you some. I sold...
  11. R

Mad Hammer... Better late than never

Give us an update Larry. How goes the build? Team X is still making headway but there are quite a few details we have in mind which we may or may not get around to by the new photo shoot date (Thurs next). I am scheduled for court on that day and may need to have another member of the team...
  12. R

team X,,, XO1

Sorry Mad Mick. I called you Mad Mack in that last post. Rick... Thanks for your input.
  13. R

team X,,, XO1

When you try to build a bike with a side car in a 12x20 foot garage that is already filled to capacity with superfalous bicycle and motorcycle stuff, tools, and friends. And you try to do it in a short time frame with mostly materials you dig out of the yard and only the metal working skills you...
  14. R

team X,,, XO1

Another bit of detail on the XO1 tank after the addition of a special control button.??? After burner? or maybe ejection seat? could also be a radar targeting switch, or cloacking device? Or it could just be a red button that does absolutly nothing but look cool.
  15. R

team X,,, XO1

Another rat rod bike of mine from a nother genre.
  16. R

team X,,, XO1

Here is one of the Indian versions. The tank will soon be repainted. I removed it to make a mold . She will do a bout 35mph .
  17. R

team X,,, XO1

The bike you refer to is a replica Harley board track bike that is one of many I make. This particular one is awaiting its mock v twin motor. I also make Indians, cyclones, Excelsiors etc. With mock motors or two stroke Whizzer style units . And will attach pictues of at least one or two more...
  18. R

team X,,, XO1

Still quite a few details and some features to attach.
  19. R

team X,,, XO1

Test riding the XO1. Team X may have appeared lax in our exposure on this site but nothing could be further from the truth. As you can see we have taken a much different path with our creation. Raw patina, recycled rusty parts (most of which were actually pulled out of my front yard), a...
Back