Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. ChiknCoop

Mystery Frame

very interesting, they must have different styles of dropouts, as these don't match the dragster dropouts from a 66. I'll have to try and find some catalogs for Huffy in 68.
  2. ChiknCoop

Mystery Frame

Initially I thought it might be Huffy but the dropouts are a different shape than my dragster, did they change between 66 and 68? Also the head tube on this frame is drilled to accept a headbadge. Huffy used a sticker. Could it be an 68 AMF Roadmaster if the first digit is indicative of the year?
  3. ChiknCoop

Mystery Frame

So I picked this mystery frame up from my brother, I have no idea what it is, the rear dropouts don't look like Shwinn or Huffy, The serial number on the rear dropout is kinda weird that its upside down, it's 8H635501 from what I can read, the number on the BB is really hard to read, I can't...
  4. ChiknCoop

need ID help

thanks everyone.
  5. ChiknCoop

need ID help

so the concensus is 1960 Huffy built by Western Flyer?
  6. ChiknCoop

need ID help

yeah, the location on the rear dropout is different from what I've seen on other bikes, and the bottom of the crank tube with only 4 digits, its either an assembly part number or personal ID. I'll be able to see the bike again next week in person, so i'm going to be taking more pics of it. I've...
  7. ChiknCoop

need ID help

yes, positive on the no numbers on the head tube, and there are two holes where a head badge would be mounted on the headtube as well. I cant find anything that seems straightforward about identifying AMF serial numbers.
  8. ChiknCoop

need ID help

the serial number is WO58057 its on the left rear dropout, bottom of crank is 2474 I couldn't get a decent pic of it since it's so faint. It wouldn't stay in focus. Here are some pics of the serial numbers that are on the frame. I'd checked Scwhinn, Murray, Huffy already but no luck. I'll have...
  9. ChiknCoop

need ID help

my brother picked this up recently, he's a BMX guy and thought it might be a Schwinn but the serial number starts with a W. I snapped these two pics yesterday, it was the frame and forks when he bought it. No headbadge, two holes. Serial number on rear dropout is WO58057 bottom of the crank...
  10. ChiknCoop

1966 Liberty Bicycles Cyclone

ok, been slowly putting this one together for a few months. 1966 Liberty Bicycles of Chicago Cycle Supply Company Cyclone model. Still have to rub and polish the original paint out. Trying to identify the fenders, the front bolt up through the bottom of the fork, and the rear looks like it has...
  11. ChiknCoop

restoring metal flake seat cover

no, I haven't tried that. But while i may be able to get the cover off, replacing it would be impossible. Upon closer inspection, the clear coat on the flake is pretty much gone, so its impregnated into the flake itself up on the top. Hard scrubbing will pull flake off, after talking to some of...
  12. ChiknCoop

restoring metal flake seat cover

So I have a Messinger metal flake seat that has a lot of discoloration from probably being in the sun, I've washed it heavily with dawn and water, simple green, treated it with 303 protectant as well. since the vinyl was formed over the seat and can't be removed, I've already cleaned all the...
  13. ChiknCoop

I said I wasn't going to do it, and well I did.

what size spokes / nipples do I need to assemble a the rear wheel? Never done it before. I have the S2 Rim, and a Bendix Red Band coaster hub now.
  14. ChiknCoop

Liberty Cyclone Sissy Bar and Seat

I'll be putting a post together in the next week or so in the muscle bike forum, I'm down to needing a few parts to get it back to year correct.
  15. ChiknCoop

1970 Schwinn Krate parts wanted

Updated: Front fender, Vintage rider quality wanted.
  16. ChiknCoop

Updated: I need the seat only now. Does anyone know if these seats were made by messinger?
  17. ChiknCoop

I think that will work. I've only seen the sissy bar in the pic i have posted or the original advertising.
  18. ChiknCoop

1970 Schwinn Krate parts wanted

Updated List: 28 Spoke Red Band Bendix Hub Front Fender for 70 Krate
  19. ChiknCoop

I said I wasn't going to do it, and well I did.

I'd thought about that, but since this is my first krate, I wanted it to be as authentic as possible, so I was able to find the right clamp. Since they don't seem to be out there readily available, I'm going to keep an eye out for them at the swaps and garage sales when i come across old bike stuff.
  20. ChiknCoop

WANTED: Looking for a Sissy bar and seat for a Liberty Cyclone. They're a really odd duck. Made by Chicago cycle works for Liberty bicycles used on the cyclone model. Here's a pic of what they look like. Lemme know.
Back