Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. H

JC Higgins model and date help please

Someone from a different Bike forum sent me a 1961 Sears ad that has my bike. The only difference is, mine has a chrome chain guard and the ad has a painted chain guard. I am looking for suggestions on what to do to the paint on the bike. I like the current patina but I don't want it to get...
  2. H

Oil in 3 speed hub and crankset

Thanks for the replies. I am not starting with a dry hub, or at least I don't think its dry. Should I use 30w or 20w for the crank also?
  3. H

I believe the number is 66 but that doesn't make sense as far as Sears no longer using the JC Higgins name past 1963. Maybe the number is 60? I'm not sure what you mean by the bottom bracket spindle? Are you referring to the crank?
  4. H

Oil in 3 speed hub and crankset

Hello, I was wondering if someone can tell me what type of oil and how much to use in the rear hub and crankset of an old (1958-1963)JC Higgins 3 speed.? There are oil ports at both locations. Thank you
  5. H

Hello Newbie here, today I picked up an old 3 Speed, JC Higgins bike (made in Austria) that I would like help with the model name and date of manufacture. The numbers under the crank housing are as follows(I think)503 46420 & 1507036(the 5 may be a 6). I found no other numbers on the bike. No...
Back