Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. F

mongoose dolomite measures

thanks
  2. F

mongoose dolomite measures

Hi, is there any owner of a dolomite that would help me with some measurements, I need the measurement from top of headtube to the rear dropout( total length ) and if possible also the hight of the frame from bb to top of headtube.. ( I need the info to figure out if im going to be able to bring...
  3. F

Schwinn stingray electric trike

I decided I needed to make a new bike for my son, he has had the Schwinn stingray for a few years and initially I made a mid-drive to add gears, but now it´s time for something new.. I bought an extra stingray for parts and started building a rear end. As I am outside US, sourcing a trike rear...
  4. F

Penny Farthing Big wheel Antique Bike

I´ve been searching for this, can you link to it please regards Flemming
  5. F

shimano oval chain

THANX to nicksgarage... i never got a hold of this chain back when i started the thread..now i find it everywhere on the web with the NX01.. of to the shops :-)
  6. F

US...

me on the Phat e-chopper build.. been riding it for a few days to see if everything is holding up..now ready for teardown and paint
  7. F

Phat rebirth - E-chopper build

little Progress has been made, most of the wireing are done, but i messed up some wires, so i had to take it apart again :cry: and i got som safety features installed.. rear disc brake i have no idea how it will function in wet conditions - it being upsidedown... anybody has any thoughts on...
  8. F

help, anything bike related to see in NYC ?

thanks Guys, i will look into my options :-) bikes he build looks a little too bouncy for my liking :-) regards Flemming
  9. F

help, anything bike related to see in NYC ?

Hi, i´m going to NYC in a few weeks, is there anything bike related (rat or others ) to see in the big apple ? regards Flemming
  10. F

build update, i spend a few days finishing my mid drive with disk mount adaptor, turned out pretty good i think, i got the wheels mounted today back is dual rim 26x2,35 and front is dual rim 700cx50, first mockup for a mechanical testride( all electrics besides front wheel motor hasent gone on...
  11. F

rohloff 14 spd internal hub

i have tried one, i think highly of it, but it is way out of my pricerange, i actually changed alot of my 7-8-9 internal gear to 3 speed much lighter, easier to work with, and not as noisy ( the rolhoff isent that noisy though ) - noisewise the sram imotion9 is the worst i´ve tried, thats just...
  12. F

help -need to find a bike

yep, olli makes the wildest stuff :-) meanwhile, i actually fount the thread this morning viewtopic.php?f=48&t=48834 i really like the lines of that fork - frame make belive link thanks all for your answers regards Flemming
  13. F

help -need to find a bike

I´m sure i saw it here, maby in the build from scratch, but now i cant find it, had a distinct feature, from the front fork axel mount there was a tube going back towards the frame, and seen from the side it looks as if the fork is attached to the frame.. something like this ( sorry for the bad...
  14. F

i also decided to ditch the I9 hub, its simply too noisy, so now im going with a shimano 3 speed.. that then gives some other challenges as it dose not have a disc mount for my disc cog, rather a rollerbrake so i´we started fabricating an adaptor, not quite there yet - but a little teaser...
  15. F

so, as promised a few progress pics, things are comming along nicely i got the rear rims welded & laced to the homemade dual disc mount hub..still need to be trued though the front wheel( dual rim as well ) is also laced up to the motorhub - also needs truing as i had no means of welding...
  16. F

Re: Phat rebirth Hi, i think it will hold up, the spokes will take alot of the tention, and the axel will keep it together , this weekend i got the wheels laced up, got the frame welded & decided to change the mid drive hub to a 3sp shimano with rollerbrake, so now im fabricating parts to turn...
  17. F

Re: Phat rebirth a short update - i got tired of waiting for a guy that can weld aluminium, so i came up with a different plan i turned the two pieces of hub down to fit a 1 1/8 fork spacer, holes on 3 sides, will tap them and put in umbraco screws, i bet that will hold up nicely :-).. what do...
  18. F

Re: Phat rebirth testsetup with the velosolo cogs on with both and check clearance, it looks like it will just clear all places, ant the chainline is not so bad either the sram imotion9 is extremely noisy in the high gears, anyone has this hub and can confirm that this is the case or do i...
  19. F

Re: Phat rebirth hi Rob, i just got back from vacaton, and found a nice package from velosolo in the mail :-) two 18t cogs that will go on the build :-) regarding rear hub..i was planning on using a spaced out shimano front hub with disk mount for the cog, but as im going with a double rim...
  20. F

Re: Phat rebirth the photo i posted is from velosolo.co.uk, after a bit of searching i found that in US, there is also a company called tomicog, google it and you can find his webpage.. i actually think i´ll try to drill my own( i do not have a big budget for bike parts) and if it turns out...
Back