Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kingsting

how would i make a dual chain bike?

Here's another one that my buddy did for BO#12 http://www.ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/bluessical-blues-brothers-bike.104097/
  2. kingsting

schwinn crusier from budapest

Csepel bike. 1993ish... S-2 Rims were made on the original Chicago tooling that Schwinn sent over. Not many Schwinn bike models made it to the US from Hungary. Cruisers, a few kids models, and a Woodlands mountain bike that ended up being recalled. (I think it was a fork defect)
  3. kingsting

Group ride today: tried something new (Old School BMX)

I just noticed this post. The ride was a great time and they're planning another in mid-September. Your bike had a lot of fans, actually! Thanks for sharing the pix!
  4. kingsting

What parts do you always seem to need?

Axle cones. They're always worn and pitted and come in so many different sizes it's impossible to have a good stash of serviceable spares.
  5. kingsting

39-40 ELGIN Sports Model No (1)3 - (Finished)

I always enjoy your builds! This one is another sweet ride! :grin:
  6. kingsting

Ankle Biter

Thanks! That's the Swatara Ferry House in the background. Thought it would make a good backdrop for the pictures. http://countyspot.com/articles/historical-sites-articles/380-historic-swatara-ferry-house-in-dauphin-county-pa
  7. kingsting

Ankle Biter

Good catch! I fixed it... Thanks! :cool2:
  8. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

Got some pictures tonight and added it to the completed bikes thread.
  9. kingsting

Ankle Biter

This bike is the result of a long spring swap meet season. On the last day and last hour of the second Trexlertown show, a group of us were standing around a clean little bike that a friend had for sale. We were all pretty much exhausted from weeks of bike shows (Copake, Ann Arbor, Memory Lane...
  10. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

Yeahhhh.... I kinda blew that one. I'm going for a late 70's/early 80's vibe with the bike and colored grips were all the rage back then but these just didn't play out as I had hoped.
  11. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

So my wife pointed out to me that the gold fluted seatpost and red grips didn't look quite right. She has better eyes than I do for stuff like that so I had to agree... This thing uses a short, strange diameter post but the build doesn't really require a longer one so I put the original back...
  12. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

I want to get some pictures of it with a better background than my neighbor's houses, then I'll throw it in the finished bikes thread. I'll definitely do another from that angle- I like it too!
  13. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

Nah... I copied it from other RRB members. :thumbsup:
  14. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

I'll take another one like it at the local college campus. I can get some better backgrounds there.
  15. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

A few more random pictures... Might have to pop those reflectors off of the pedals...
  16. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

No more spoiled cream! Close up of the completed dropouts. I picked up a better off-white color at the local hardware store this morning that is a lot closer. Also found a nice pair of shiny-chromey axle nuts in my parts stash while digging for something else.
  17. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

I plan on it! The bike has a wild moto look from some angles.
  18. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

They didn't come out bad! The paint I had on hand that I thought was ivory was more of a spoiled cream color and dried darker than expected. I'll have to respray with a lighter color then we can call this one done!
  19. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

The truss rods are proving to be more of a headache than I originally thought. After a couple false starts with an old sissy bar that was too short and an original set off of a JC Higgins that was too long, I decided to use some materials I had laying around and wing it... I have some 3/8" OD...
  20. kingsting

RRBBO13 Ankle Biter

But of course! The little thing is a fun ride!
Back