Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. J

Unofficial: All RRBBO #6 Finished Bikes (pic heavy: beware)

When there are this many entries, maybe it would be better to have five votes.
  2. J

"God and Luck" done!

Sweet build, Chris. You got my vote. I hope we'll see it down in San Antonio some time. -Jim
  3. J

name change "God n Luck"

looking great, Chris!
  4. J

How much to re-lace wheels??

It's easy and kind of fun. I think everyone should try it. The hardest part is getting everything true after it is laced. A truing stand helps, but a set of forks with some taped-on popcicle sticks can be just as effective. When truing, you tighten in small increments, checking trueness as...
  5. J

Vintage Western Flyer Galaxy Flyer

As far as price potential, those yellow-band two-speed hubs routinely sell for $100 or more on ebay if they are clean and in working order. The whole rest of the bike, after you clean it up, is probably worth almost as much as the hub by itself.
  6. J

How much to re-lace wheels??

Typically, a buck a spoke for wheel building. You should try it yourself. It is not too hard and there is a good tutorial in the "How To" section.
  7. J

Help needed, if possible please

I think that Brooks saddle is worth as much as the rest of the bike. Do you have a link to the ebay sale for the Flightliner? Flightliners and Spaceliners bikes are very desirable bikes--especially if they have the chrome frame and the original tank with horn and lights.
  8. J

Barn fresh Elgin Blue Bird NEW PICS pg8

Re: Barn fresh Elgin Blue Bird Is this going to end up being one of those stories like when someone wins the Lotto and it ends up ruining their lives? Suddenly everyone is your friend, or all of your existing friends are jealous and stop talking to you. Man, you don't need that. You...
  9. J

Austin Tx Biker

Hey from San Antonio! There's starting to be a pretty good cruiser bike scene up in Austin. Some guys I know just started a group called Heavy Pedal Cruisers. They're on facebook.
  10. J

HotRodGirl

What a great way to spend time with your daughter. Just a suggestion, but you might want to invest in a pair of safety glasses for her if she's going to be using that sand flapper or any other grinding tools.
  11. J

Tan seat and grips

Check out the Nirve website. They have several matching saddles and grips. Kinda pricey, though. I especially like the foam grips that look just like wood grain. http://www.nirve.com/accessories.asp?cid=3006
  12. J

More wood for "The Beaver".....

You can get away with that helmet when you are bombing down a 30-degree hill at warp speed. Great bike! it gives me ideas for future builds.
  13. J

Cleveland Welding "ARFLITE" Find

Thank you for visiting my thread.
  14. J

Funniest thing I heard all day. Thanks for the laugh.
  15. J

In my opinion, tires are consumables and replacing them does not affect the originality of the bike. Some purist collectors and museum curators may disagree. In any event, the tires are NOS and correct for the period, though not original to the bike. By the way, you do come off a little...
  16. J

The Military Mountain Chopper

Looking great. How did you figure out the correct spoke length before you bought the spokes? Did you use one of those spoke calculators? Or, do you have the tools to cut and rethread them? I always end up trying two or three different spoke lenghts before I get it right. I even tried using...
  17. J

yeah, dude. seriously. Some of us do have wives and girlfriends (or both?). This bike is 100% original and I plan to keep it that way. I was going to keep an eye out for you and let you know if I come across anything, but now... well, I'll probably still keep an eye out for you because I'm...
  18. J

Sorry, all parts are staying on this bike. Check Ebay, you see them come up for bids every now and then.
  19. J

Thanks!
  20. J

Help! Trying to Date my CWC "ARFLITE" bike I finally checked my serial number and it doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone put a date on Serial No. "H28407 A Cw"? Any help would be appreciated.
Back