Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. icyuod2

1947 Saginaw Powerbike build.

This weekend I'll start into the motor
  2. icyuod2

A little Mohawk and Premier cycles advertising (1920ish)

What do matches and bicycles have in common?............................... Match safe's. :) Found this cool little Mohawk and Premier match safe in some of my grandfathers things. (he recently passed) He lived in England and loved this sorta stuff. The safe lists 2 locations to shop for...
  3. icyuod2

The Saginaw Powerbike-The one that brought me back.

Haven't got into the engine yet. Inside of the tank is clean but the carb is fouled. (Gas has turned into varnish) It has good spark and good compression. Figure that's 2/3rds of the battle. :)
  4. icyuod2

Soooooo want that! :) I've had a little time to start in on the bike....What a change a little TLC can make. (Although it still looks like it's been beaten repeatedly with the ugly stick. :)
  5. icyuod2

Bike is starting to shape up. I had to replace the neck cause it broke when tightening the new bars. Luckily I had an old 40's neck down in the basement. I'm actually kinda happy it broke now and not on the road. Pedals I saved from a Schwinn Exercycle I used for a build here a few years back...
  6. icyuod2

Caught a vid clip the other morning for the promo for Backroad Bounty, the new TV show that landed this bike in my care. (Bike is actually in the commercial)
  7. icyuod2

A friend of mine just finished filming a new antique show with the same guys that started American Pickers/ Canadian Pickers. This 1947 Saginaw Powerbike is one of the first items he purchased for the new show. (Show airs in Oct) To make a long story short, this ugly duckling now belongs to me...
  8. icyuod2

Since the bike now belongs to me, only thing left to do is figure out a treatment. I thought about a full resto but I'm missing a battery box and a few other hard to find items that I'm sure I won't find cheep. I've considered giving it a Military treatment like the Cushman airborne m53 but I...
  9. icyuod2

Oh yeah, I built a few bikes here. ;) In other news, this ugly duckling is all mine! :) :) :)
  10. icyuod2

Hello folks. been a longtime since I visited the forum. Life often has a way of getting between you and the things you love. I started up a prop company a few years back and it has consumed my life. I can't complain, I get to be creative everyday and am completely surrounded by very talented...
  11. icyuod2

The antimope.

Seems Like forever since I last visited the forum. With the launch of my company (Sinister Laboratories) Other than my daily ride I haven't had much time for bicycles. My girls keep me very busy with costuming, and business has been good. That being said, that's all about to change. (bicycles...
  12. icyuod2

It's been a while.

Just needed a kick in the pants. Thx Rob. Been meaning to pop in for sometime now.
  13. icyuod2

It's been a while.

Well After a couple "did ya fall of the face of the planet?" emails I figured it was long over due for me to check in with my friends on R.R.B. Last year I launched a new company Sinister Laboratories. Props/sets/costuming and custom creations of all shapes and sizes. It's consumed my life and...
  14. icyuod2

Another Bluebird (Redbird) on Ebay

Haven't we seen this red/bluebird on the bay before? (couple months back?)
  15. icyuod2

HELP! anyone know about METEORE/METEOR Cycles?

http://oldbike.wordpress.com/1903-gents ... ies-rover/
  16. icyuod2

Skip tooth chain revisit

some of em do look the same on both sides. ok some things to look for to help you out. 1.the smaller diameter side of the pin's. one end would have been pressed out a little to prevent the link from falling apart, the other has to allow the plate to be removed. 2. you pinch the pins together...
  17. icyuod2

LATEST ACQUISITION

I'd mount it to the rear side of a bigger bike(a foot away from the frame), like some crazy one sided set of training wheels. you could even have it pulling a cat walk. Really cool little bike, would make a great rrbbo trophey. :lol:
  18. icyuod2

Skip tooth chain revisit

I've typed this out 3 times and got booted from the forum 3 times. so here's the short sweet version this is what you are dealing with. pins are pinched together, plate installed, the the pins snap back to lock it in place. You should be able to find the plate side based on the grooves in the...
  19. icyuod2

My role in a 2012 pin up / horror calendar.

Let me start by saying, i have an incredably gifted friend who shoots pin up photography, as some of you already know. Her name is Dana Brushette, and i just love her work. Over the years, I've built many a prop/set and costume for her shoots and in turn she's taken some wonderful pictures for...
  20. icyuod2

Wide-large-fat-big momma tire

Well if were talking motorcycle tires on bicycles theres only one name that come to mind hannan customs http://hannanschoppers.blogspot.com/
Back