Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Found this industrial sage green, 1954 CWC on the bay for a fair price. I tore town my muscle bike entry from last year, the Blue Dream for most of its parts. Mainly the seat, handlebars and crankset will be used. I also chopped its frame into pieces for its usable bits. It has been welded on...
  2. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Muscle Bike Names

What’s in a name? I think we all struggle with titling our builds and giving our bikes a name. I’ve changed bike names in the past, mid build. Sometimes it just doesn’t feel right. Is it a he? Or she? Or whatever? Does it evoke thoughts of muscle cars and hot rods? It’s rather difficult to find...
  3. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Cleveland Welding Company Roadmaster

I finally found a frame to build a board track racer. I’ve been searching for a some solid bones like a Schwinn DX, but they are pricey and not something I really wanted to alter. This is a CWC, most likely a Roadmaster. I will know more once it arrives. It has had some welded repairs done to...
  4. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

FOUND 1950’s Western Flyer frame for motorbike build

Looking for this frame or an affordable western flyer or Schwinn DX frame for a motorbike transformation.
  5. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

A MOUNTAIN RAT BMX

A MOUNTAIN RAT BMX This 29” Mongoose Excursion was discovered near my apartment dumpsters, after the complex decided to remove all of the bike racks from each building. Everyone had a chance to get their bikes out before the scrapper came. There were several bikes. Enough to build several...
  6. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

A MOUNTAIN RAT BMX

Sometimes, projects just fall in your lap at the right time. Last year, I found my 59’ Schwinn frame at the Cool Bikes Club swap meet, which was right at the start of the build off. This time, my apartment complex decided to get rid of all bike racks. Any bikes that weren’t removed would be at...
  7. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Cable Repair & Fray Prevention/Shifter Modification

I recently made an upgrade of safety to my 2023 build off bike, The Hellion. I swapped out the Shimano 3 speed freewheel I built for a Sachs Torpedo 3 speed with the coaster brake. Though my sissy bar mounted caliper brake is safe enough for me, this is now my wife’s bike and it needed more...
  8. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Tom Sawyer Bike Shop in Wichita Kansas (auction)

Hey yo the people in Kansas! My favorite bike shop in Wichita has called it quits and is auctioning off its contents. Alan, the owner was always very kind and helpful. Always willing to chat. He laced up my 3 speed hub to a new rim for my first RRBBO. Always affordable, I bought many parts over...
  9. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Shop Goodwill Online

Did you know, that all of the quality items that get donated to Goodwill get sent to their online shopping/auction? Now you know if you weren’t aware. I have been buying on their site for years. Prices can get a bit high at times and shipping can get out of hand, but there is local pickup!!! And...
  10. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Hellion

Hellion started with a 1959 Schwinn Cantilever frame. I picked it up for 10 bucks, already painted Satin Black with an amateur pinstripe job in Fire Red 1Shot paint. I picked up the 1969 Schwinn Stingray handlebars from the same vendor and I felt that they should go together. From there I slowly...
  11. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Hellion

I picked up this 1959 Schwinn at my first Denver swap meet. This is when I met Don, who I purchased the frame from for ten bucks. It is pretty rough with quite a bit of pitting, but someone decided to paint it a satin black with some amateur, but nice pin striping. I need to source a lot of...
  12. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Building Muscle Custom 26” 3 Speed parts hoard

Building Muscle 26” 3-speed parts hoard Fresh finds: Shimano 333 click shifters
  13. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Blue Dream

The Blue Dream 26” 3-Speed Step Through 2010 Huffy Cranbrook x 1977 Huffy Open Road Aftermarket Banana Seat & Ape Hangers Custom Twist Brake grip from a Shimano 333 3 Speed Twist Grip from a Shimano 333 Custom Step Through Insert panel engine style Custom exhaust headers from handlebars...
  14. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Big F’n Bike!

Has anyone seen larger bicycle? Check out what it is parked next to for perspective!
  15. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Blue Dream

Looking to refresh this junky Huffy. It has sat for a couple years in a carport, where the seat got stolen, tires rotted and metal rusted. It’s getting a banana seat and medium sized ape hangers. If I have time and find the parts, this will be another 3 speed with a trick brake system. Last...
  16. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

My version of a 26” muscle bike

My first muscle bike build. Built for the 2020 RRBO.
  17. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

High Plains Drifter Custom 1962 Murray Sabre Challenger

High Plains Drifter. 1962 Murray Sabre Challenger Specs: •1962 Murray Sabre Challenger BF Goodrich 16” frame •1960’s Shimano 333 3 speed Shift kit •1960’s Stewart Warner Speedo •1960’s Rim Brake custom mounted to the sissy bar aka (Sissy Brake) •26” wheel set and tires •Shimano 333 3 speed hub...
  18. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

BO15 High Plains Drifter (The Finish Line)

Starting the Krate Krusher(High Plains Drifter) bike. This is my first bike build-off. I am altering a 1959 Murray BF Goodrich Sabre Challenger, in to a “Krate Like” lowrider. I picked up a 3 speed shifter off of the bay, that will help power the middle weight frame with 26 inch wheels. More...
Back