Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Bicycle License Plates, Novelty Tags?

The New Hampshire tag is a cereal box reward from Wheaties. They made all states for a few years. There are a bunch of personalized plates on eBay. You use to be able to find them on a display in stores like K-mart and TG&Y.
  2. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

They have a nice “feel” to them. Super comfy.
  3. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

No paint. I think it’s going to have to wait. Metal prep will take time. Started stripping the fender but going slow.
  4. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

where is everyone?
  5. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

The Thick Slick is mounted up to the new rim and ready to mount up. The wheel came to me very true which was a surprise. I need to work on a seat post shim and dial in a bunch of minor things. Hopefully some progress over the weekend. I do have a nice vintage Monarch Springer coming to me that...
  6. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Thanks @Bike from the Dead. I’m proud to have a piece of your art!💪🏻
  7. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Thanks. We’ll see. We got several inches of snow. I have paint on the way but chances look slim to get it done. 💪🏻
  8. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

I put the Shimano 333 3 speed shifter back together but most likely need to move the washers around. maybe @CRASH could shed some light on the proper setup? Also working on extending the shifter arm with a leg from a previous build I scrapped out. I’m liking the looks so far. Getting snow now so...
  9. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

I recently received this amazing commissioned illustration from @Bike from the Dead, which he awarded me in the 2022 build of 17. I am honored to receive this kind gift. Austin and I have communicated back and forth on the piece and he came up with an amazing illustration of the Hellion. It was...
  10. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Hellion

An awesome update! The Hellion bike and myself were picked and awarded an amazing commissioned piece of artwork by @Bike from the Dead and I am blown away by what I received! Austin Jones has an incredible talent and kept me so involved in the process that I was stoked to see the results. The...
  11. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Picked up some white pedals that I’ve been seeking for a while. I hope they will thread in to what I have. They are from Germany. The pedals will disassemble which wil allow me to clean them up. I may try the peroxide and sun technique to whiten the rubber. They are quite petrified so I may just...
  12. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

The 26” wheel from Wheelmaster arrived today. Heavy duty with 12 gage spokes. I like that they are assembled in the US. This one has a much better finish than the last one I picked up. I cropped my feet out of the photo for other peoples sanity. 👣
  13. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

My Cola Bottle grips came to me from Thompson. I was surprised how super thick these are! So nice with a great feel. 😎
  14. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Shop Goodwill Online

Nice Schwinn waiting to be scooped up!
  15. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Arriving Thursday
  16. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Some grips are on the way! Pretty sure this person hangs around here sometimes.
  17. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

Shop Goodwill Online

Someone Made a great score!
  18. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

The peaked fender came to me today. 3 nice ballon tire fenders for a good deal. Some of the eBay sellers are awesome. The fender fits nice and the rusty white patina seems to fit the condition of the frame. I’ll get the wheel, tire and grips here soon and get this close to buttoned up.
  19. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

DRAG-ON

Thanks @CRASH i appreciate the offer. Just dragging my feet really. I rebuilt the rear wheel on blue dream (mbbo) last winter, updating the 3 speed hub to a new rim with 12 gage spokes. That bike has been chopped up for parts and the wheel will be used on this build. Also a bit from that bike...
  20. Shrunken_Head_Pedaler

VINTAGE BICYCLE PHOTOS

Snapped a screen shot of this small bit of footage on IG. Looks like fun!
Back