Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Big Jim Mac

(MBBO Class 1) "The Judge 5": Closing argument.

You were right, it is marked OH. Here's another pic before I cleaned it up some with glass stove top cleaner. What would be the correct derailleur for this bike?
  2. Big Jim Mac

Not sure on the year, early 70s is the best I can do. I see a lot of differences from the ad you posted, sissy bar, seat and color. Here's the story: my parents hit some hard times and were pretty desperate for money. They raided our savings accounts, which probably didn't have more than a...
  3. Big Jim Mac

Oh man, wish I had found that before you. Still hoping to return my Judge to its former glory. This is my old bike from when I was a teenager. I found the chain guard but I'm still looking for the shifter and derailleur. My brother had one of these too, parts of this are his. Mine had the...
  4. Big Jim Mac

Thunder Jet

I'm sure others have already started thinking this, but a rat build based around a bullet hole? Maybe machine gun mounts, run flat tires...
  5. Big Jim Mac

1948 DX B.F. Goodrich

Looks like it is ready to ride
  6. Big Jim Mac

Grand Champion frame

Ah, now I know!
  7. Big Jim Mac

Grand Champion frame

No I didn't win an award, but I did score an interesting Grand Champion frame. I've been poking around in the five old store buildings my dad owned and filled full of junk over his 90 years before he died. He used to hit a big flea market called the Gypsy Caravan in St. Louis every year. He...
  8. Big Jim Mac

JC Higgins frame

Would this take 24 inch wheels?
  9. Big Jim Mac

JC Higgins frame

Dug this out of the shop the other day, anyone have a picture of have one of these with all the parts in place? Frame is in really good shape, I think it would clean up real nice. It's missing one crank arm and I'm sure those green grips don't belong, maybe wrong bars too? Anyone interested in...
  10. Big Jim Mac

Found: My old Huffy The Judge

I'll probably dig them all out, load on a trailer and head to one of the swap meets. The horde is in Missouri not too far from St. Louis. I see lots of swapping in the future...No idea what is there, like I said most of it is going to be junk but great fodder for Rat Rodders
  11. Big Jim Mac

Man, that fade paint job will be tough to match, and it's missing some paint for sure. I'm afraid it's beyond the polish it out stage. Plan to go hunting for parts this weekend, if I can find the chain guard and the shifter, I can at least get it rideable. Here's some more of the story on this...
  12. Big Jim Mac

Thought this was lost forever, but somewhere in the 5 old store buildings my dad owns my brother located my old Huffy The Judge muscle bike. As you can see from the photo, it's in pretty rough shape, this bike got rode hard and put up wet, or maybe didn't get put up all that often. It's missing...
  13. Big Jim Mac

SILVER KING KUSTOM

I just found one of these frames in the back of a pickup while mowing grass for my dad. What caught my attention was the fact that it wasn't rusting -- never seen a vintage aluminum bike before. It looks real similar to the one you have but I believe the head badge is different. Going to get it...
Back