Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. BartRidesEternal

SWB0 Vertigo Granny

Yes!!! The start:
  2. BartRidesEternal

Garden roof with walls

Hi guys, I have started building a 'garden roof' with three walls right now and would like to share the process. We will place an antique stove in there for some cooking in the winter. I planned 90% of the project and the rest is freestyle/solve on the go. The logs are made from chestnut and...
  3. BartRidesEternal

Spotted this bike on the campsite

Hi guys, I went camping this week with family and suddenly a kid pulled up with this bike: The logo says "Surfer" but could not find much on the classic bike. Things I noticed; Mix of EU and US designs: -Cottered cranks. -US style chaincover. -24" Wheels, this ones made for kids. Might be...
  4. BartRidesEternal

"Building a welding JIG first" - design process and thoughts

Hi Ratrodders, I know I have a lot of projects running... but still thinking about the ability for producing custom frames, or in other words, 'more professionalisation' of this functional artform. And since learning probably never ends, I am currently exploring another from scratch build. So...
  5. BartRidesEternal

The Rustacean

Check out that hangin' belly... I mean the frame, not the rider! The Rustacean is done! Built to be used and quite tough. The aluminum bar end plugs came in after this photoshoot, but is not a big deal. And the coming months I am planning a 140+ kilometre trip again, so I will change the...
  6. BartRidesEternal

The Rustacean

My first class 2! I found a 'project 346' Stella frame on a online marketplace right before I learned that there is another buildoff. Buildoff 18! The thing I enjoy about project 346 frames/bikes is the larger size. I ride some great klunkers (electra rs and another, more standard cruiser...
  7. BartRidesEternal

Ratrod bicycle trailer and soapbox

Hi guys, I know I have many builds in progress, but I can't keep the progress on this build from you. Since I saw some awesome/beautiful ratrod soapbox ideas here on Ratrodbikes and ideas on pinterest, I had to do something with that. My idea is to build a radio flyer / soapbox ratrod that...
  8. BartRidesEternal

Rot Oma (Omafiets / Granny bicycle) Salvage

Months ago I found this bicycle along the road, abandoned. The patina appealed to me. My neighbors reminded me that I am weird, so I am on the right track :p Back home I found out that it was not rotten. Usually these cheap workhorses have fenders that come loose or are rotten through. So I...
  9. BartRidesEternal

Wooden bicycle build

Hi guys, This is a tryout for me. I watched a awesome movie the other day called "Porco Rosso" and got into a great conversation with a friend and fellow nerd about World War One planes. Wood, steel, oil, craftmanship, danger and freedom. I think that makes for a great concept. I instantly got...
  10. BartRidesEternal

Klunker spare parts build

Hi guys, I tried taking it easy with the bicycle hobby, but faith has other plans now and then. In my village we get chicken eggs from a local farmer. I'll go and get some eggs by bicycle and enjoy the ride. Last weeks there was standing a company bicycle at the bus stop nearby which seemed...
  11. BartRidesEternal

Time use on Ratrodbikes and our future

Hi guys, I know there is no need for justification, but I do feel a tad bit responsible here, since I invested in the people, community and a lot of builds. The following (years?) I will be less active on Ratrodbikes, even more so than the past months. I will still be working on my hubs and...
  12. BartRidesEternal

Gooey Syrup

Gooey Syrup is finished! Started with an "Nirve Switchblade" type frame. Eventually found an incomplete fork. With many technical parts fabricated I got this thing back together. Parts list: Steel frame and fork which lay in a steel fabrication plant for over 10 years, collecting dust. 26 inch...
  13. BartRidesEternal

Odyssey Dynatron bb bearings damage

Hi readers, So having had some 'annoyances' with a bit of dirt in my bottom bracket bearings in the past, I looked for other types or improvements. I am talking about the US 'one piece' standard or most used bb bearings. There are many points why I prefer this 'one piece crank' setup over...
  14. BartRidesEternal

Can I join your party? Please?

Hi builders, I started my build in the 'builds' section named "Purple Chopper". I started it without thinking of the buildoff that is going on now. It was started within the buildoff timeframe. What is your view on this? Can I join the buildoff still or am I too late? I have a preference...
  15. BartRidesEternal

Gooey Syrup

I promised @MattiThundrrr that I would start a build thread for the chopper frame I found in the corner of a metal fabrication plant. I payed 35 euros for this frame. The frame is partially plugged and sandblasted. I think it is a Nirve Cannibal or Switchblade style frame, but not from Nirve...
  16. BartRidesEternal

Coasterbrake hub builds

Hi Ratrodbikers! I recognize my natural cycles like the seasons. They come and pass, just like this subject. Alright, a while ago I made a design for a Coasterbrake hub with a disc brake. I really enjoyed designing it. Unfortunately I did not fabricate the hub due to time, cost etcetera. In...
  17. BartRidesEternal

Boardtracker / Antique motorcycle style bicycle build

Hi guys, In between the busy / racket life right now, I still need my relaxation in building things. A while ago I cut a 1" city bicycle fork in pieces. I used the headtube shaft for another build. Them beautiful legs tough... :whew: I stored the fork legs in my shed, still with a part of the...
  18. BartRidesEternal

Swedish Crescent bicycle age and identification (sweet pics!)

Hey hey, Being interested in American bicycle design (shape, but also parts design) I also found out about the (older!) Swedish Crescent bicycles. Its a bit of a mix of European and American design, best of both worlds in my view: One piece bottom bracket design, but a bit more...
  19. BartRidesEternal

UNION frame salvage: Wooden bike build

Hi guys, I know I have been rambling about a Recumbent bike on another topic, but I'm getting more and more interested in wood working. Reading some books now how old WW1 planes were built. Wood type, grain and how it is sawn etcetera. Really interesting stuff! For quite some years there is a...
  20. BartRidesEternal

26 inch Batavus BUB

Hi all! I mentioned it in another thread before, but I got a "Batavus BUB" dutch cruiser bike from a collegue. I payed 30 bucks for it while the bike is kinda new. The last eight or so years it was in a shed collecting dust. I has seen 10 kilometres the last years. So kinda new! Specs and...
Back