Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Sly Wily

Big sale and I have zero dollars

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/683081848873305/
  2. Sly Wily

Father and son moment

I was working this bike in my shed the other day talking to my 11 year old son. I told him how much I bought it for and everything I did to it. I told him that I would never get rid of it for any price. He asked me if he could have it and without a thought I told him he could have it if he...
  3. Sly Wily

I finally sold something

After months of trying to sell some of my bikes with no bites I decided that nobody wanted them as much as I do I sold one to a guy who replaces the windshields and glass at my shop. I’m going to tune her up and put her seat back on. I bought this from the original owner who kept it in his...
  4. Sly Wily

My little Tornado

I never took any pictures of what it looked like when I bought it, but it looked kind of like the first picture. I changed the wheels and made it look how I wanted it to look. The striped seat is just duct tape. I finally found a seat I liked and just my luck the plastic plate broke.
  5. Sly Wily

A couple tanks I can’t find

I don’t care if they are rough looking I just wanna get them. Columbia Firebolt light tank. Spaceliner tank for this frame style. 24” but I think they used the same tank on the 24” and 26”. I know that they had a couple different tanks. I’m not picky.
  6. Sly Wily

Most of my collection

This is pretty much what I kept since I started eight years ago
  7. Sly Wily

I’m really into original paint

So I’m at work talking to one of my friends/coworkers about how I won’t repaint a bike unless it’s paint is completely shot. I pointed out my Eliminator and said I would like it treat it for rust and clear coat it the way it is. My friend looked at me like I just farted. I work at a body shop...
  8. Sly Wily

Two I’ll never part with.

When I bought this it had dirt bike style handlebars and seat. I thought it would look better as a stingray. Added a yellow chain and swapped out the regular wheels so I could put a set of red walls on it. The seat is just yellow and red duct tape. I just got a nice seat for this bike but...
  9. Sly Wily

My Eliminator

I finally made some fenders fit my little guy.
  10. Sly Wily

How many is too many?

This is right around the time I started wondering if I had a problem.
  11. Sly Wily

Not so fresh and nice paint

12. Sly Wily

Some of my favorites

The red bike is a repainted JC Higgins Murray that I added a white seat, grips, chain and white walls. As much as I don’t like repainted bikes I have a soft spot for this one. The blue is a Higgins Murray as well. I built it up for my wife. I told her that I would buy it and fix it up for her...
  13. Sly Wily

I thought I was done

My best friend passed away back in 2011. The only thing that took my mind off of it was tearing down old bicycles and rebuilding them. I would find them on Craigslist flip them for whatever I had in them and get more bikes. I had a plan or a goal to do this until I could find a 26” Schwinn tank...
Back