Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. kram

Cloud 9

I have an orange velo seat that is similar to brooks, this was just the seat I had at hand. I was thinking about a short fender too, but I think it will be painted. The fork is going to get painted too.
  2. kram

Cloud 9

Started to fling some parts. First up is the original fork with some truss rods that I think are from an Electra. Not a bad look. The fork would need to be spread and the axles ground to fit, but that’s not a big deal. I got this girvin fork from Uncle Stretch a few years ago. I’ve tried it...
  3. kram

Cloud 9

I checked and it looks like an H. The paint is pretty thick, so it could possibly be an A. Thanks for the info!
  4. kram

Cloud 9

If my memory is correct I think it starts with an H.
  5. kram

Cloud 9

Had a chance to get the wheels I plan on using for this build out of storage. They are a 3 speed nexus set. I’m not sure if the rims will stay red, but I plan on keeping the quick bricks. If I remember right these are 50mm wide rims.
  6. kram

Cloud 9

Yes, the chainguard is definitely going. Only the Dana, frame, and possibly fork and handlebars will remain. I think this frame is a 1939. I’ll get the serial number cleaned off to check for sure. I believe people also often refer to it as a “Zep” frame. Though calling it a zep is generally not...
  7. kram

Cloud 9

The wheels are 26”, but these are small frames. With the banana seat on there I could ride it ok, but the banana seat isn’t likely to make its way back on.
  8. kram

Cloud 9

I was going to enter a build off bike from another build off that I haven’t finished. Once I started digging around looking at parts I decided to start a new build. I picked up this old Hawthorne about a year ago for really cheap. It’s a custom bike that an unknown builder built. It wasn’t my...
  9. kram

Reentering a build

Still lots of building to do.
  10. kram

Two prewar Hawthorne’s. On is a true zep

I saw a few over on the cabe, but not many.
  11. kram

Reentering a build

I started this bike in the last off road build off. I got some major damage on the frame fixed, started mocking it up, and that’s as far as I got. I don’t have a lot of time for this years build off, but I’d also really like finish this bike. Would it be cool to enter this one again, or is it...
  12. kram

Plans are to clean them up and get them rideable. I’d love to find the tank for the zep. That probably won’t ever happen as they seem to be pretty rare. From what I’ve read they aren’t too common. The Snyder built version is really similar.
  13. kram

Picked up these two last night. The zep was posted on local classifieds, with one crappy picture. I wasn’t exactly sure what it even was, but for the price it was worth the hour and a half drive. When I got there they said there was another old bike that they hadn’t posted yet. It was the one...
  14. kram

Salt Flat cycle truck

The straps and tank plate came from a guy on eBay a few years ago. I also got the brackets for the front basket from the same guy. I don’t see him selling on eBay anymore.
  15. kram

Golden, rules!

I was thinking along the same lines. Plans have been to not spend any money on this build, but a set of pedals might be worth it.
  16. kram

Monochrome Motocross

It's looking good!
  17. kram

Golden, rules!

@us56456712 - that’s a bummer about the tires. I think these ones are innova. I’ve had them around for probably close to ten years but they don’t have many miles. @Pondo - Varsity’s really don’t have a lot of value. The 60’s ones are a little more valuable, but I think I paid $20 for this...
  18. kram

Golden, rules!

I totally get what you are saying. It does feel tall and forward and the pedals don’t have a lot of clearance. Realistically this will be light trails, mostly fire roads, and street. I have had a vintage schwinn frame fail while on some light trails. There was no visible cracks or damage and the...
  19. kram

Golden, rules!

I got most of the parts mocked up last night. Not sure if I’m going with the chrome fork or the blade fork. The stock fork clears the tires, but I didn’t have time to file the axle for the wheel to get it to slide in. If I use the chrome one I will cut it down. I’ll probably use the smaller...
  20. kram

Golden, rules!

I’m trying to not buy anything for this one, just use the parts that I have for now. So it’ll probably be a little more of a bmx/klunker style build.
Back