Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. M

Hot Rod Columbia

Wow! There are so many sweet rat rods this year! Nice job! Choosing a top three will be very hard.
  2. M

Chicks need love too

Super! You really captured the 50's look with that paint scheme! Bet you could sell it at a rockabilly event!
  3. M

Momma's Boy

Beautiful! Elegant! Perfect! And that is a cool girl's frame!
  4. M

Varsity winter bike "V-Rat"

Nice work on the varsity! I hope it serves you well for many winters to come. My first ten-speed was a brown varsity. Wish I still had it!
  5. M

coed cruiser: resurrected and finished!? 11/19/11

Darn! I forgot how to get the pictures the correct size! How do I fix it?
  6. M

coed cruiser: resurrected and finished!? 11/19/11

co-ed cruiser: ressurected and finished!? After collecting dust in my shop for a year, finally finished my daughter's bike. She (the art major) requested painting it white so it can be a "canvas" for future embellishmnet! barefoot pedals, as requested laid back seat post with restored girls...
  7. M

Making My Own Head Badges

Wow! Isn't chemistry great! I think this needs to go in the how to manual. Can't wait to try it myself!
  8. M

bottom bracket help

Re: bottom bracket help- Success! Persistance pays off! Sheldon Brown's trick worked when I used a breaker bar with a piece of pipe over it for more leverage. Turns out the cup is left hand threaded (Swiss). Now I can replace the bottom bracket with a more modern one and get rid of the...
  9. M

bottom bracket help

Hi! So, on a whim I bought an old motobecane folding bike that I am sort of restoring. It has a three piece bottom bracket with cottered cranks. I can't get the fixed bottom bracket cup (crank side) out despite PB blaster, gripping the cup in my vise and turning the frame, and trying a trick I...
  10. M

PLACE YOUR VOTES HERE!

Congratulations to all the builders! The best part of this "competition" is seeing all of the amazing creativity among the members. The voting is fun,but not as much fun as reading the build threads. I hope the build off stays just as it is. Thank you Steve for a great web site!
  11. M

Tumbleweed

Re: *Tumbleweed* outstanding1 it's 50's, it's western, it's very cool!
  12. M

Tucker's Spaceliner

Fantastic! It's spaceliner perfection. And the photo background is out of this world! :)
  13. M

#HOP

Don't sell yourself short! Your bike is very well done. Very nice details that all tie together. I like it a lot!
  14. M

Asymetrical trike (la Chouineuse)

Re: Asymetrical trike Now that is a COOL recumbent! Can't wait to see the finished product1
  15. M

Gee Bee Tribute Bike *Update 3/15*

Re: Gee Bee Tribute Bike *Back at it!* Welcome back! You had a great start on this bike last year. looking forward to seeing it completed! Seems like there are a lot of us with soft spots for old airplanes on this site!
  16. M

limo bike --------- some news p.5

Re: limo bike FINISHED !! Just reviewed this thread. I think this is one of the best custom bikes that have been posted here. The bottom bracket/cranks are awesome. I hope you have the opportunity to display your bike at a show.
  17. M

Tribute to our friends

This thread is better than watching American Chopper on the Discovery Chanel. The Tuttles have nothing on you two! WOW!
  18. M

1949 Hiawatha custom cruiser

All I can say is WOW! Very nice work!
  19. M

1936 Mead Hawthorne Duralium custom

Absolutely beautiful! The microphone taillight is very cool. :D
  20. M

Glider Motobike

That is a cool old bike. I'd keep that one forever! :D
Back