Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

Advice taken, looks better.
  2. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

My shins are not fans of these pedals!
  3. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

Thanks buddy, appreciate the feedback. The hand grips are only temp, they are being changed for some older brown grips, and the lights, I know it's the summer here in the UK, but this is my ride atm and I ride in the dark, so I need some lights. But thanks again!
  4. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

It's been a while, sooooooo...... Here ir is at the moment I got ape hangers and a different stem, All (I think) I have left to do is get different grips and chain ring. What's everyone thoughts so far????
  5. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

Good news is I've struck gold and been chatting away to a fella here in the UK that has tonnes, and I mean ALOT of parts, that his letting me cherry pick what I want, at good prices! So I've got, stem, chainring, grips coming from him, and sit back saddle post and ape hangers from else where...
  6. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

They would work thank you, but I personally don't like them, aesthetically! But I've made contact with a guy here in the UK that has parts, and I've bought an old school stem from him!! But Thank you
  7. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

It can be a short length, as I may still get ape hangers! But 21.1mm is diameter, as long as its 22.2 or bigger at the clasp! But thanks man!
  8. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

I'm struggling for options for a quill/stem here in the UK, I'm In need of a 21.1mm ideally with a 25.4mm bar clasp, (I can get a shim if not) any help, anyone, send me photos of any anyone is selling please!!!
  9. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

So here's an update, So the mudgaurds/ fenders didn't work out to plan, the stem I originally ordered never showed, but here she is as she stands. Looking at it here, I think a laid back seat post, brown grips, and hopefully, a vintage/repro stem(if and when I find one I like, and that fits...
  10. Craig Robinson

Rust in Space

Hey buddy, what size are those ape hangers on the Ross????
  11. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

So progress has kinda come to a stop, as life took over and just been busy, but I have spent a few hours rubbing down the front Fender, and that's now done, just do the back now but as I'm not a fan over rubbing down, it's not at the top of my list of things to do! The bike is still being rode...
  12. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

Saddle arrived........ a shade lighter then in picture, but I've oiled it, and will keep oiling till its darker! And I've also stumbled on some old triumph guards Was thinking I g strip back to bare metal, find some better stays and plonk em on, as it likes to rain alot here, it'll stop my...
  13. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

chain ring was already on The frame, and the pedals I liked and were cheap. Maybe the chain ring will change, but for now it stays.
  14. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

The seat is just a stand in, I've gone for a brown sprung leather, brooks style saddle,, I was thinking the yellow,
  15. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

So have some handlebars!!!! But now we have to choose grips, so do I go with Cork.... Do with go with yellow bmx style Or. Classic black schwinn 'style' grips, (no. Photo as they haven't arrived yet) Yous guys opinions count, thanks guys!
  16. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

Hi all, Still little Progress happening here, apart from I needed a bike to ride to work, so I've plonked on my wife's saddle, and some old raliegh handlebars (I am still waitng for them to be delivered,) and have started to ride her. She's pretty smooth, but I have 1.75 tubes in there, and...
  17. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

So not alot has happened here either no time, no money, or just waiting for things to be delivered! But I did buy the chain today and installed it!
  18. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

Hahahahaha, I was gonna try!!!
  19. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

New back wheel, tyre and pedals, and scored, because who I bought the tyre from sent me 2!!! Still waiting for handlebar and stem!!
  20. Craig Robinson

The Canary Cruiser

Thanks for the info man, but that is far to complicated for me at this point in time! Haha! I'm a newbie! Have just bought a new wheel with same dimensions, far easier!
Back