Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. A

My chainguard can beat up your honor student...

Yup, still around, but don't really spend time on bikes much anymore. I still have all the vintage bikes, and I ride them randomly, but I just have too many other things to focus on. Maybe that's the problem- I'm focusing on the wrong stuff!
  2. A

Thanks Luke. That bike is long gone, I have no idea what the fate of that guard is or was. Hopefully someone somewhere is taking credit for it...Or claiming it as an authentic Shag or Von Dutch art piece. :wink:
  3. A

1940 Roadmaster ?

That rust/cream picture is of my '41. Since then I have done a bit more work on it, plus added a New Departure DD setup(after this picture was taken). Still, for a first effort, it gets lots of attention- and it came to me in much worst shape than the one you're starting with.
  4. A

What Nirve!

:arrow: It's for sale if anyone's interested...It'll come with an Electra Streamline seat, or a vintage Ideale leather touring saddle that looks just like the Brooks but a little bit smaller, and without the chainguard. I can leave the Brooks saddle on, for some additional $.
  5. A

What Nirve!

Simple, but kinda cool. It works well and it's a comfortable ride.
  6. A

??Pre-war?? flatbar.

I've got the gears for you! The C with the W means Cleveland Weld. That frame is almost definitely Western Flyer. Honestly you'd have a much cooler bike if you went back to original, but if you are set on ratting it, I've got the stuff for you! I ratted out a Nirve cruiser, but I went back...
  7. A

RRBBO - Montgomery Ward's "Iron Ghost"

Also, You should keep an eye out for a drop stand if you're gonna keep the ears on the rear drop-outs. It would be a nice touch...
  8. A

I worked on The Rollfast today...

Kev just so you know, That fork is called a "Shockmaster" fork. When they switched to the curved lower truss rods like yours, they were marketing the bikes as being safer, since they now came with "bumpers". :idea:
  9. A

Give that man a cee-gar! There was just too many ideas flying around that tent that I just had to tell her that she knew what I liked, and just do it.
  10. A

Actually I had the idea in my head, went to Nirve in Fountain Valley and picked up a standard issue chainguard for my frame. I set it in my lap, visualized what I wanted it to look like and took a sharpie and drew the flame-job on it. Then tin snips and a Dremmel later(in one sitting) it took...
  11. A

I've got myself snagged a few times, but it was my fault that I wore pants that had too much flare to them. So now it's shorts or straight-legged pants! :!:
  12. A

Thanks to Chick for the nice paint work. Did you pick up on the nod to Von Dutch?
  13. A

hey

I'm Antony and I just wanted to say heck yeah. I kinda took a Nirve cruiser frame and just added what I wanted to it and it came out pretty good. I suppose you could call it a rat. The only thing that I can take full credit for as far as fabrication-wise is the chain guard. I shaped it and got...
Back