Search results

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  1. cactus

engine kits

probably a better place to ask viewforum.php?f=54
  2. cactus

"Sportster" DX (renamed)

Re: Ventucky DX nice! i wanna see that loaf seat on it. i was actually going to replace the seat on my bike with a banana seat, so it will have that brat style look. here is my bike similar to yours
  3. cactus

61' Schwinn Tornado (El Tigre)

yah I need to find a similar stem in 21.1 size. I just got a flat and I haven't even taken the bike out yet :cry:
  4. cactus

my Bloody Red build (DONE!!!)

Re: my Bloody Red build (Update!) the build is looking good! i have a stem like those, its too fat for my fork though.
  5. cactus

updates. Seat needs to be reupholster and I wish the stem would go in more, but it gets stuck half way in.
  6. cactus

I took the fork to my LBS and they too doesn't have an answer with the gap. We tried 1 1/8" that one is too big and 1" is too small. They didn't want to pound in because it will probably split it. I guess ill just settle with the gap in there, maybe ill put a rubber band around it.
  7. cactus

no i dont think so, bearing balls facing the cups. the bottom of steering tube is taperd bigger so the lower cone wont sit flush with the triple tree thats why it has the gap. maybe i have to push the lower cone to the steering tube more? im just dry fitting everything maybe when i tighten it...
  8. cactus

We got a roller! just waiting on a couple more parts. I have a question, I wanted to paint the rubber pedals white. What is the best way to go about doing this? will an acrylic paint hold up maybe one of those vinyl spray paint?? Is this also normal to have this much gap between the fork and...
  9. cactus

Stuck stem wedge

If the stem bolt breaks, is it ok to replace it with a bolt you can buy from the hardware store?
  10. cactus

'78 FUJI Single Speed + Video (6/21/10)

Re: '78 FUJI Single Speed after you took the original freewheel off and install a single speed, did everything just line up or did you have to use a spacer of some kind?
  11. cactus

CWC-1 Updated 7/30/10 Build Finished!

Re: CWC-1 Updated 6/11/10 The seat I am trying to recover is also is rusted with the same black paint like yours. Does the vinegar strip the paint of the pan?
  12. cactus

PAINTING WHITE WALLS??

I was actually planning on trying it on a electra retrorunner. I have one tire with a white line and ordering one with black wall. .... electra donsen't sell the white line version anymore, at least in america. anyways here is that pen i was talking about...
  13. cactus

PAINTING WHITE WALLS??

just an idea, but you can make a giant drafting compass with a piece of wood. drill a hole on one side of the wood that goes on the wheel axle then another hole on the other side that will fit a tire paint pen. Then just circle it around the wheel. Im not sure if it will work but its worth a try...
  14. cactus

Sidewalk Super Villain SUPERNAUT 8/3 comic book build video

Re: Sidewalk Super Villain SUPERNAUT 6/10 seats done! go with the banana seat. that looks great!
  15. cactus

can i see some NIRVE bikes?!

that orange bike is seriously ......! is there anymore pics of that japanese? bike gathering
  16. cactus

Monark Board Tracker - (mbuna's first build)

I like where the build is going. you can always get shorter cranks and for the kenda kraze, this is all ive found http://www.choppersus.com/store/product ... nda-Kraze/
  17. cactus

Cafe?? not sure

I like cafe racer and this definitely captures the look.
  18. cactus

good problem to have

buy it and keep both :wink:
  19. cactus

WIDOWMAKER IV - ready to rumble!

Re: WIDOWMAKER IV - update 6-8 Great looking bike you have here. Im not sure if Im feeling the stem, but I like everything else. Can't wait to see more updates.
  20. cactus

Re: Sunray I love the color too! the metallic really pops out in the sun. Im hoping ill get some of the parts soon, so I can get this bike rolling.
Back